Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haha, I'm awesome  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 06:01:06 AM »
In Reply To #29

actually a 4chan meme. it's not from any animu. it's an edit off something long forgotten, used to mock poor gamers who play on easy mode.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Haha, I'm awesome
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 06:03:12 AM »
In Reply To #27

Well, I could try, but there's a slim chance I can do it again. :'(

I'll try I guess, but I'm super super lazy! ;D

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 06:09:57 AM »
I'm awesome. I played through PoR Richter lv1 cap... 'til
 Brauner. :D He's impossible to beat.

"Tanachi nuee wo!" (I don't have a clue what he sais actually) *spatter* *gets hit by drop and dies* -_-

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 06:13:16 AM »
Haha, nice. I'm much better at the N64 games (though I'm immortal in HoD and AoS) and never really got into the DS ones. Plus, I lost Portrait of Ruin... :'(

Not that I even played it much after beating hard mode, but I still kinda miss it...

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »
This is impossible: you don't meet Renon until the Villa. The only meats you can obtain before then are one on the ship deck and one on the raft before the serpent.

wait I thought he was talking about drac my bad.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
In Reply To #28
Not true. I had a lot of meat before I met Renon, found in walls, statues, and numerous other hidden and secret places. I know most of this game's secret items, so if you need help, ask me! ;D

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »
In Reply To #28
Not true. I had a lot of meat before I met Renon, found in walls, statues, and numerous other hidden and secret places. I know most of this game's secret items, so if you need help, ask me! ;D

On HARD mode anyway, you likely won't hang onto them for long. And even then, we're talking about pre-serpent, here. And no there is not a bunch of places to get meat on that level. Unless you get lucky and have one drop from a fishman.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »
True, but did you know about the roast chicken in the statue after the serpent entering the forest of silence? There are 2 statues right after you kill it. In hard mode, one has a roast chicken, while in normal mode, one roast chicken and the other has a roast beef. Also, before the giant skeleton, one of the dead skeletons impaled on a spear has meat too. Also, there's a roast chicken in the giant skeleton's skull after you kill him. Wait until it's jaw drops open and grab it. Plus, in the forest of silence, in the area where you hit the switches to activate platforms, there's a secret platform that leads to the exit to the level on the opposite side of the entrance to the room. I could list all my secrets, but I'm WAY too lazy...unless you really want me to, which I'm sure you don't need the help if you've beaten hard mode.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »
BEFORE the serpent, yes, you're limited to minimal amounts of meat... :'(

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 10:15:19 PM »
BEFORE the serpent, yes, you're limited to minimal amounts of meat... :'(

And that's exactly why he's such a bitch to deal with in HARD mode. He can kill you in one hit, thus depleting your whip and subweapons to useless toys the next time.

You have to learn to dodge his every move in order to survive, and it's that much harder with Carrie, because her attacks are so weak.

And, where the Forest of Silence is concerened (LOD), there's a meat in the crypts, too, in one of the coffins. I believe the werewolf battle earns you one too. Finally, there's one in the low, semi-hidden tunnel with the dynamite skeletons and the grabby zombies.

I'm not sure if these appear in HARD mode though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:18:00 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »
Yeah, hard mode was tough, especially the science tower! I died so many times... :'(

But I prevailed nonetheless because I have no life. I beat the game 4 times in hard mode with Cornell. I have no clue how many game completions I've gotten total! ;D

Tags: