Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin  (Read 31892 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
if i wanted to make people mad i would be doing it better im not a troll, im starting to think the people that call every one else trolls are trolls themself because every time you call some one a troll it kinda makes them mad isnt that what trolls do
no.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
wut?

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
many of your questions were like that, that's why you're being called a troll.

richter-zx

Re: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
wut?
many of your questions were like that, that's why you're being called a troll.
there real questions thought im not typing them to make people mad

Z.I.R.

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
HURR HE LIKES CHARACTERS I DON'T LIKE--HE'S TROLL, GUYS!!!  ::)

Anyway, I'm pretty neutral on Jonathan and Charlotte. Their dialog is insipid, and they act immature for their ages but... I don't think there were any worse than Juste, Maxim, and Lydie in HoD.

I wonder what the old Castlevanias would have been like if they'd implemented more text dialog between the characters and given them each distinct personalities. I have the oddest feeling I would have hated Sypha and Grant.  :-X

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
In Reply To #34
0/10

depends who'd translate the dialogues. it's obvious if those hacks who mangled the original and called it a translation would, the whole game would sound stupid.

i mean, they invented "bad world filled with evil", poltergeist king, exile = asking someone to leave, warlord chromosomes and other lame stuff.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
i meant the novel
You said game...  ::)
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
Jonathan is the only CV character that can use the VK (and other whips) AND all kinds of swords, spears, etc. For that reason alone, he pwns.

Anybody that dislikes a game because of it's dialogue is an idiot. That's like saying you don't like a book because of the cover.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
Considering he's a Castlevania character, he's pretty much only a cover. :U

o lol

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »
Run, Jonathan! From the haters!
yes, run like a little whiny bitch you are. :D ;D

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »
In Reply To #37

To hate a game for one small detail like that is just plain ignorance. Ignore story and characters and you've got an awesome game. (Too bad I lost my only copy... :()

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
You said game...  ::)

I think he was first talking about the game, then the novel, but used the same terms to refer to both.
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Beacons

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 01:00:52 AM »
I hate jonathan and charlotte for 3 reasons. The first is that they are not nor can be as cool as nathan graves. Yeah i hate them for not being nathan graves. The second is the ugly menus. Seriously hot pink for jonathan!? that stuff makes my head hurt and hot pink has no place in castlevania unless it is maria or succubus related. Third reason is that they are boring. They excrete boredom and add nothing important to the castlevani series in general. I mean really what did they do that makes them memorable.

Still more interesting than Juste though.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 01:30:58 AM »
Anybody that dislikes a game because of it's dialogue is an idiot. That's like saying you don't like a book because of the cover.

No, that's like saying you don't like a book because of its dialogue; which is totally a valid argument.

While I didn't let the dialogue bother me enough to hate the game, when it WAS going on onscreen, I could barely keep from grinding my teeth.

My ENAMEL'S at stake here! ... so this is serious bidness.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 02:10:55 AM »
poor dialogue, annoying and stupid characters you have to see on screen for 100% of the time are not the only things people hate pork for.

there's also very poor enemy placement, boring flat level design, copy pasted rooms on par with cod's, very buggy/glitchy code which makes the game unstable on certain systems, awful atmosphere and color palette that fits kingdom hearts or some other animu adventure with the "kids save the world form ultimate evil" theme better, almost no variety between the same types of weapons (every sword behaves the same, they're basically stat ups) and that's just the start.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
In Reply To #34

What's wrong with the HoD characters? I know that Juste had terrible sprite animations, but personality-wise, they were fine.

Tags:

anything