Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: original item or not? I don't think so..  (Read 7504 times)

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: original item or not? I don't think so..
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
It seems original, at least it looks like the one displayed here: http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Masters/collector-jaime.htm

The quality of the pictures is not very good so it makes it look like a fake, I guess
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:01:59 PM by Arma »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
+2
I have a few of these.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »
yes the CDs look original but the box..i dont know. some have told me its fake other say it original. What do you think, crisis?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
+1
*puts on special glasses* Oh it's genuine alright. but as usual with most CV stuff on eBay lately, a tad expensive.

I wish people would at least start their auctions as a bid instead of "buy-me-now for $400" all the time. economy is still tough for a lot[most] of people.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
+1
It's not official. The seller is lying and should be reported. I don't mind pirate stuff but I do mind liars like this guy. I hope you're joking about this being official lol.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
+1
lol really? damn near fooled me *throws away special glasses*

good thing i got mine for way way cheaper, sheesh

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »
Some people still think it's official, so it doesn't hurt to remind them that it isn't. You have a few of these, you da man.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 11:43:32 PM »
Never heard ofsuch a thing... I think it's fake/unofficial.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 06:12:13 AM »
I've never hear dof it to be honest. While each CD in the set has had a singular release at one point or another, making this a 'CV OST & Arrange Collection' of sorts, I've never seen or heard of a re-release. A good clue would be to check the company publishers for each of the CDs, and see if they're from different publishers or not. Very rarely, even though the source material comes all from Konami, will record publishers work together to bring a collection of their products into one.

That doesn't mean it has no value though. The question is; what kind of a pirate is it?

Its clear that the set comes with nice printed image CDs. This is no shoddy ripoff. However the biggest question here is. Are the CDs in this set, copies of the official CDs they represent, or burned off of internet sources. If these are disk copies, and not burned off of known internet sources, then we could have on our hands a full CD quality version of these sound tracks.

Why do I ask? Think for a moment as to the quality of the rips that can be found on the internet for these CDs, especially ones like Dracula Battle. Low 128kbps at most.

Crisis, you claim to have this set correct? For the good of the community, could you rip the arrange albums included in there at a high 320kbps and or FLAC?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »
I've never hear dof it to be honest. While each CD in the set has had a singular release at one point or another, making this a 'CV OST & Arrange Collection' of sorts, I've never seen or heard of a re-release. A good clue would be to check the company publishers for each of the CDs, and see if they're from different publishers or not. Very rarely, even though the source material comes all from Konami, will record publishers work together to bring a collection of their products into one.

That doesn't mean it has no value though. The question is; what kind of a pirate is it?

Its clear that the set comes with nice printed image CDs. This is no shoddy ripoff. However the biggest question here is. Are the CDs in this set, copies of the official CDs they represent, or burned off of internet sources. If these are disk copies, and not burned off of known internet sources, then we could have on our hands a full CD quality version of these sound tracks.

Why do I ask? Think for a moment as to the quality of the rips that can be found on the internet for these CDs, especially ones like Dracula Battle. Low 128kbps at most.

Crisis, you claim to have this set correct? For the good of the community, could you rip the arrange albums included in there at a high 320kbps and or FLAC?
I have the original version of all those cd's. If you need a some music you can hit me on a PM and i'll hook you up.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
I got FLAC versions of Dracula Battle Perfect Selection I and II.
It's the closest I'll get to having the discs, which are out of print.

For a minute there I thought this was the Castlevania Tribute set of discs, but I don't remember that bright red and gold box.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »

For a minute there I thought this was the Castlevania Tribute set of discs, but I don't remember that bright red and gold box.

I tried to hook Uzo up through a pm and forgot that I had burnt lower quality versions of my Perfect Selection cd's to my hdd. He basically thought I was trying to do some shady stuff. My mistake, I didn't think about it at the time when I sent him the sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/379uw8 (lower quality for those who want them..) I did realize that I no longer own a version of drac battle 2 so I am gonna have to reacquire it, I will burn a high quality version of Drac Battle 1 though and post it in a bit...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »

RIPPED WITH NERO 10:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/78acyb

When I get a new original copy of Drac Battle 2 i'll post it as well...they aren't so hard to find as everyone thinks. There are some pricey versions out as we speak for sell, but most the Perfect Selection CD's tend to pop up from time to time at regular $20.00 prices...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:31:51 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
Ripped with Nero doesn't quite help unless you set the options to 320kbps VBR, y'know.
128kbps CBR is weaksauce and the stuff of a decade ago.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: