Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820806 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
i haven't swapped a disc since FFIX lol.. get a ps3 people!!

I'm curious about the "combat being similar to LoS". Really? In a sidescroller? I mean, it's definitely possible but I kinda would prefer something less combo heavy for a 2.5D sidescroller. If that's what we're getting.

I assume it's gonna look like or be similar those sketches of Gabriel demo-ing the combos in LoS

if there's QTE's in this game then i'm gonna raaaage

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
i haven't swapped a disc since FFIX lol.. get a ps3 people!!

I assume it's gonna look like or be similar those sketches of Gabriel demo-ing the combos in LoS

if there's QTE's in this game then i'm gonna raaaage

What type of QTE's? The ring stuff, or the stupid press _ on-screen prompts?

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
22 pages later...I  MADE IT. Here's my 2 cents.

Kinda bummed it's MS since I wasn't too thrilled with LOS, but I love 2D Castlevania. I'll keep a VERY close eye on this and hope MS delivers a great game. Can't really judge the game based on what we currently know about it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »
Same here, but some people have really good eyes for this shit.
Most of GAF are actual insiders/people who work in the industry, so from a technological/business standpoint they have a better idea of what they're talking about than we do. That's why a majority of leaks occur there.
I'm curious about the "combat being similar to LoS". Really? In a sidescroller? I mean, it's definitely possible but I kinda would prefer something less combo heavy for a 2.5D sidescroller. If that's what we're getting.
I don't understand it either, but I'm just assuming it means whoever we play as will be just as acrobatic/impressive as Gabriel was. Basically, more flashy/defensive attacks instead of just spamming something over and over again. Like in the original Castlevanias where even Skeletons were a threat opposed to how whimpy they are in the Metroidvanias, I think we'll be seeing that in the game. I don't think we'll be seeing any QTEs in this game though, QTEs do not sound like a good idea in a 2D game.

I'm expecting some massive bosses too, maybe even Titan size. The DS Castlevanias had some large sprites for enemies that were made up of several parts, think about what MS could do.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:07:47 PM by OSM »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

I could see it being fun.

I mean, looking at the boss fights in the Metroidvanias, they're basically just button spam at a weakpoint while throwing in the occasional jump dodge. I could see throwing a few 2 - 3 hit combos into that.

Hecka crazy right?

Moving at the speed of light, I'm gonna make a supersonic man out of this thread.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
Quote from: Foofy
What type of QTE's? The ring stuff, or the stupid press _ on-screen prompts?

Knowing MS they'll probably create a new type of QTE we haven't seen before.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #336 on: May 21, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »

(click to show/hide)

This is how it should be
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:15:14 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
+1
Hopefully they will move away from QTEs. I like God of War but not with my Castlevania.  Maybe Cox will listen to some of the criticism and make good.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: May 21, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »

Gameplay will be on the bottom screen for maximum QTEage. Trace the enemies to defeat them.

(seriously MS, please no QTEs.)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

You quoted me as Foofy?!? ):

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #340 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
So... Hope? Guys?  :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »
anything but these

TBH, I didnt have a problem with Alucard's Judgement design. It was original enough but retained enough of Kojima's Alucard to make it looks similar.

I've thought about it for a while now and I believe since  Lords of Shadow's art direction and character and monster designs were clearly inspired by guillermo del toro, I think Alucard will look like Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2.
Prince Nuada - Lord Of The Drums

Not a bad idea, Gabuela himself seems to look like that somewhat in the epilogue, only more... decrepit.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #343 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:36 PM »
If this is indeed a sidescroller, Mercury Steam can do whatever they like EXCEPT include that Prince of Persia-style platforming we saw in LoS. I can even accept QTEs, but I don't want to grab ledges and stuff.

Or do I?

Nah. I want to my traditional stair climbing back. That would be awesome! Can't believe I'm this excited over something I do each and every day at work. But I am!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #344 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »
I don't mind the framerate, just KEEP IT CONSTANT!  The random throttling bugged me more.

LOL grabbing ledges in 2d.  Like NES Flinstones? :3
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....? 

anything