Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pokemon FireRed v1.0/v1.1 Question  (Read 3305 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
So I'm planning to play a certain hack of FireRed (namely Ultra Violet) and from what I've heard v1.1 has some bugs fixed compared to v1.0. Thing is, RomHacking.net doesn't tell me whether I should patch it to v1.0 or v1.1, they only specified that it should be the US version. Now, are the differences in v1.1 actually substantial enough that it would make hacks made for v1.0 incompatible or not? If yes, which version is more commonly used for hacks?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
Although I'm not sure if the differences are enough to make it incompatible, you should always patch the same version the patch asks for.  Patching an incorrect version can sometimes cause in-game shenanigans, or if the new version has a different checksum, it may make it fail to patch in the first place.

It shouldn't be too difficult to procure the correct version of a game, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything