Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 1094-1691?  (Read 10138 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »
This does however seem to help my cause. I totally missed the fact that I could use what could have been for my story. I could explore what may have taken place in res as one possible route.

I have been tempted many times to write out a possible Resurrection storyline. But with the introduction of Victor Belmont in LoS2, I've been wanting to take a look at his character in that.

One thing I did not like with Resurrection at all was the character designs. Victor looking like Tim Curry was kinda weird and Sonia just looked awful.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 11:58:37 AM »
Had they gone with a better art style then I think the characters would have looked much better. I wasn't fond of how Sonia looked in Resurrection either. But then again those cut scenes could still have been in Beta format and not the final product. Maybe they were testing the limits of the Dreamcast's engine to see how far they could take a realistic design. who knows.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »
Yeah I think if I was ever to explore the idea of writing out a res story I would do my own thing with it. Only save the very basic concept that was used for the game and make almost everything up from scratch.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
Had they gone with a better art style then I think the characters would have looked much better. I wasn't fond of how Sonia looked in Resurrection either. But then again those cut scenes could still have been in Beta format and not the final product. Maybe they were testing the limits of the Dreamcast's engine to see how far they could take a realistic design. who knows.

It's the designs themselves, though. Sonia's outfit is along the likes of Ada Wong's Resident Evil 4 outfit in the sense that it's extremely impractical. Now a little bit of sexuality in a video game doesn't bother me, but Sonia's outfit looks like it was made simply for the point of making her look "sexy" and doesn't end up being a mixture of that and looking cool (while the aforementioned Ada outfit succeeds in doing both, though I much prefer her alternate costume in the game).

Yeah I think if I was ever to explore the idea of writing out a res story I would do my own thing with it. Only save the very basic concept that was used for the game and make almost everything up from scratch.

Yeah, I'd keep the time travel plot, Victor running away from his destiny, the taking place in 1666, Death riding a horse, Lady Dracula, etc., but make up the rest of the stuff.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
And don't forget that Sonia was resurrected in Resurrection  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: