Poll

What Metroidvania should we play on Twitch?

Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Symphony of the Night
Curse of Darkness

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: #Igavania: What Metroidvania should we play?  (Read 20561 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: #Igavania: What Metroidvania should we play?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »
Well, I was trying to make a point as a whole, giving example of gimmicks from each game that have their pros and cons but even so aren't a waste of time, sorry if my poor english is confusing. Im trying to get better at it :P

It's okay Lelygax, I'm not going to hold anything against you  ;)  I'm not that kind of terrible person. All you can do is do what you can...if that makes any form of sense, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
we colored me surprise as to where the results are going I have to get in contact with Sheepy. Also while it may be impossible to do, anyone think it would be possible to get the main man to watch?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
we colored me surprise as to where the results are going

People are perhaps voting for HoD over, say, SotN and AoS here because we see people doing SotN playthroughs quite frequently (and at least three of the Bloodstained Kickstarter Youtube affiliates are doing AoS runs so there's no shortage of those), but some of the other titles like CotM and HoD are more neglected in that regard. Maybe the voters here are looking for more variation in which games people are showing off playthroughs of right now.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »
we colored me surprise as to where the results are going I have to get in contact with Sheepy. Also while it may be impossible to do, anyone think it would be possible to get the main man to watch?
ah, looks like I better expect that around....an hour from now XD lol. Unless you want to contact sooner.
Maybe the voters here are looking for more variation in which games people are showing off playthroughs of right now.

And that's great that they are looking for more variation. Honestly, I realllly wanted to do the DS titles like portrait of ruin since I just beat that one so that's the most fresh castle in my mind right now. But the problem with that is...we'd kinda have to use the forbidden fruit. The price range for a capture card and capture kit is way to expensive and it's even worse for 3ds going into the 600$ range. I do own the games though and I wish there were some technology to just rip the game off to my computer.

However...that's not even the problem which is the funny part. The problem is capturing in the first place...or at least for Order of Ecclesia from what I've heard around the net is that it's a bit....frame-droppy, though that depends on how it is set up and what is used to capture the game. Even SGDQ have problems capturing the game directly from the DS, The audio would just not work a lot of the time.
Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow do work better though if my research was correct, but yeah...that's kinda the only way price range wise.

I would add the choices, but it's up to you guys since I don't approve of that stuff naturally unless you get everything from your own hardware like with pcsx2, the easiest to set up where you can get everything from your ps2 and USE the discs. It's actually legal to use it which is how I'd have to stream Curse of Darkness because Elgato literally has problems with that game! It CANNOT run the audio or video correctly. But put the disc in my computer and it works like magic. There are some cases in which some games just can't be captured through Elgato game capture...Modern games for ps3, SURE THING...older stuff...heh...it's anyone's guess for that thanks to converters messing up codec and etc.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:17:35 PM by Captain Sheepy »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 11:21:47 PM »
People are perhaps voting for HoD over, say, SotN and AoS here because we see people doing SotN playthroughs quite frequently (and at least three of the Bloodstained Kickstarter Youtube affiliates are doing AoS runs so there's no shortage of those), but some of the other titles like CotM and HoD are more neglected in that regard. Maybe the voters here are looking for more variation in which games people are showing off playthroughs of right now.

makes perfect sense.  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »
HoD and CotM are really close contenders I've noticed! I find that HoD is a rather mellow game to play through, and you don't need to try so hard at it. While CotM on the other hand keeps me on my toes or else I can get picked off easily when I'm not paying attention  :P
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »
HoD and CotM are really close contenders I've noticed! I find that HoD is a rather mellow game to play through, and you don't need to try so hard at it. While CotM on the other hand keeps me on my toes or else I can get picked off easily when I'm not paying attention  :P

yeah, I may let Belmont do more CotM if it does win. He has better pattern recgonition and strategy then I do....But he might get stale at points since SOMEONE likes to not appreciate the gifts given in either game =o= "Mr. Classic..." When I play, I'll make sure to use that DSS and spellbook.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »
I voted CotM just because I loved it since the moment I saw the game, not only does it hit most of the tones for art style and music but it's genuinely a challenge to play though.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »
I voted CotM just because I loved it since the moment I saw the game, not only does it hit most of the tones for art style and music but it's genuinely a challenge to play though.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! GREAT! NOW WE HAVE A FREAKING TIE! QUICK! SOMEONE VOTE HARMONY OF DISSONANCE OR COTM. (Leaning on Harmony of Dissonance.)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! GREAT! NOW WE HAVE A FREAKING TIE! QUICK! SOMEONE VOTE HARMONY OF DISSONANCE OR COTM. (Leaning on Harmony of Dissonance.)
Lol when I voted I believed I had broken the tie :p

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »
LOL! Welp. Somebody around here will have to break the tie...or Captain Sheepy will just have to play BOTH titles. Looking forwards to it  ;D

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 01:33:36 AM »
Play both titles. Mwahahahahaha!  ;D

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »
Play both titles. Mwahahahahaha!  ;D

Yeah there is a good chance that Neobelmont and I will be playing both titles due to how popular they were.

Expect a lot of hype, viewer interactivity, and a very great time! Keep supporting us guys!

(good chance we are starting on June 3rd right after my final which will be afternoon Pacific time XD)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »
Yeah there is a good chance that Neobelmont and I will be playing both titles due to how popular they were.

Expect a lot of hype, viewer interactivity, and a very great time! Keep supporting us guys!

(good chance we are starting on June 3rd right after my final which will be afternoon Pacific time XD)

Yes we have not been as active because of finals. We have to study and with that said,  #please understand  ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »
Studies are important. We all understand that. :)