Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are the new tracks worth it?  (Read 9430 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Are the new tracks worth it?
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »
I looked up the soundtrack to Dracula X Chronicles recently. I noticed they seem to have about 4 new arranges on each disc. Are they good enough to warrant a purchase, when I could just listen to the ost from my PSP?

Hmm... I also see a bootleg one up for $8 :)

Guess I could just get that :P

I would like to get the legal one though, so -- anyone?

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:14 PM »
In Reply To #1

Screw bootlegs, it's just like you buying pirated cd or downloaded music tracks burned into a cd. My suggestion is that DXC's music tracks are plain awesome even if you just go for the original rondo tracks. So, either download the OST just to enjoy the music, or buy the official cd if you feel like to collect or wanna pay some respect to the composers. As for the 4 arranged tracks, I think they are pretty decent, but not awesome, still worth it tho.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:29:28 PM by superDioplus »
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »
The only shit track in DXC is Ghost Ship Painting. They completely screwed it up. The original is much better. Other than that, the DXC soundtrack is awesome.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Are the new tracks worth it?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:54:36 AM »
Yeh I'd have to agree the DXC soundtrack is very nicely done. Course, it's hard to screw up remakes ;)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:23:34 AM »
The only shit track in DXC is Ghost Ship Painting. They completely screwed it up. The original is much better. Other than that, the DXC soundtrack is awesome.

Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. Its one of my favorite tracks in DXC. Bloody Tears on the other hand...that one is shit.

I feel the sound track is superb and warrants a purchase.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 06:29:09 AM »
Can someone post a link to a good price?

I need to get my fix too.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »
In Reply To #1

I would go eBay or Amazon.com. You could also download the entire CD from the Chapel of Resonance and write it to a blank CD. Actually you need two, but that's what I did. I've  thing for my Devil May Cry Soundtrracks and others. But then again, the multimedia on The Chapel is down, so... try this site: http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=39734 
You have to register to use links, but its free, no matter what, so it's pretty good and convienient.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »
Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. Its one of my favorite tracks in DXC. Bloody Tears on the other hand...that one is shit.

I feel the sound track is superb and warrants a purchase.

I'll have to agree here.  Bloody Tears (and I've actually grown to at least tolerate the track.) is one of the two tracks that I think were kinda crap.

I actually thought GSP's was one of the better remakes.  It was slower than the original but by no means, bad IMHO.

I got my cd from Play_Asia, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the cheapest price.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:04:33 AM »
In Reply To #3

I agree. The wouldn't go so far as to say the DXC version is shit, but it's definitely not as good as the original.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »
I agree with the Bloody Tears sucking. It's like they totally ignored the awesome improvisations rondo had and reverted to the old repetitive 30 second version of it, most likely lifted straight from Dos.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 09:12:39 AM »
In Reply To #7

EBay's actually the worst place if you wanna buy game soundtracks since 8/10 it's a bootleg. Why pay for downloaded music when you can download them for free?

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
Bloody Tears has been screwed overseveral times in the past but it seems that they should have mad it with a heavy metal feel like it sounds like it should be. The best version is on Dracula Perfect Battle

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »
In Reply To #8

And I'd have to disagree. I think all versions of "Ghost Ship whatever" suck, and the new Bloody Tears is awesome. It's upbeat, energetic and cool. So, I like it better than the original Rondo version. But, I think we all know what the best version of the song is... *DraculaBattle*...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
It's like they totally... reverted to the old repetitive 30 second version of it, most likely lifted straight from Dos.

I don't know, the original "Bloody Tears" from CV2 is still one of my faves, and it repeats under the minute mark. I think what bugs me about the DXC remix is that it never really flares up or finishes off stronger than it started, so it's just kinda linear the whole way.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
In Reply To #13

Ya Ghost Ship could be better I agree.

Tags:

anything