Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92551 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (TGS 2019 Showcase)
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »
yeah but where's the Maria gameplay huh?

Online Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2021, 10:21:09 PM »
+1
I wonder if the models used for this game will turn out to be the base of a whole bunch of new Castlevania titles, of all sorts of genres, kinda like how Rondo’s assets formed the base of SotN and other titles.  Now I’m wondering if they reused any of Dracula X Chronicles assets when making Grimior. 

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2021, 04:51:13 AM »
+2
At the least, I'd like to think this and Smash have firmly solidified how Simon Belmont looks. Dude used to be as amorphous as Chris Redfield.

Online Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2021, 07:23:06 PM »
What would be the best way to play this?  Playing with touch controls is probably unacceptable.  I was thinking of getting some kind of iPhone game controller harness, or maybe a playstation controller harness that can prop up a cell phone.  I don’t like the idea of setting my phone down somewhere and then picking up a controller.  If those don’t work, maybe just get a newer Apple TV and just play it on there with a Playstation Controller.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2021, 07:45:31 PM »
+1
When I played this game I used an 8bitdo controller, it worked fine. And I put my phone on a switch stand to play on my desk.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Game resurrected??)
« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2021, 07:13:00 AM »
+2
The game is coming out on September 17th! I can’t wait, I am very excited to finally play a new Castlevania game. Even though we had Bloodstained, I feel like my last true Castlevania was Order of Ecclesia. I played some CV Adventure Rebirth after that. Grimoire seems to have a cool story, and even though it’s a mobile game, I am really looking forward to it.

Online Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2021, 10:05:14 PM »
Oo, in time for Castlevania’s 35th Anniversary.

Interesting, they’re still going to add new stuff to the game over time, even though there’s no paid DLC.  We’ll start out with Alucard and they’ll add other characters later.  Hope they’re able to add characters that weren’t in the soft launch earlier.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/castlevania-grimoire-of-souls-apple-arcade-release-date_id134948
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:14:49 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2021, 02:43:49 AM »
The PR is giving me the impression that they're just restarting the release of GoS and it will not launch with the content they added after the Android version, for some reason. That means you can play up to Chapter 4, which is strange, because the Android version added two chapters post-launch.

Getting to finish Chapter 4 was a grind, and I'd laugh heartily if they just do the same kind of grind system but in an offline space.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »
I was just posting this to Discord, I want to know if this intro was included in the previous release of the game as well.

I loved seeing a visual of 1999, sealing Dracula in the solar eclipse. Looks amazing!

Edit: this is the first 20 minutes of the game https://youtu.be/cs0Yv_XXCTg
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:00:44 AM by angevil »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
+1
I loved seeing that. Our first visual acknowledgement of the 1999 event.

Also, I'm not sure if this line of dialogue was there the first time around, but Arikado says, "Death desires his master's resurrection, more than the master himself." I've always felt that was true of Dracula post-SOTN, and it's good to see that get a nod.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2021, 06:43:14 AM »
Death is a toxic friend confirmed.

All joking aside, I got to try this out a bit before work and so far, it’s pretty cool.  The intro and music are awesome, the graphics are fine and the gameplay isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

I’m actually looking forward to playing it when I get home.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2021, 06:45:30 AM »
It’s hard for me to get too excited for this because I despise cellphone exclusive games. Could’ve easily been a Switch title.

But I’ll give it a shot I guess
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:47:27 AM by crisis »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »
Otay, so I just had a chance to play it for a little bit, and… it’s not that bad. The production value is actually pretty decent. It shows that Konami still has a little bit of interest in the lore that they abandoned over 10 years ago. Super Waffle. It lacks the charm of unique death animations that every enemy had in the metroidvanias but the art style fits the vibe perfectly. Once again I’m holding out for a Switch port.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2021, 10:52:45 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, this game surfaced in the Nvidia PC leak a few days ago. It'll probably be multiplatform down the line, the question is just when. It natively supporting the inputs of PlayStation and Xbox controllers should be further proof of this.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2021, 10:28:35 AM »
I hope you’re right, Foofy. Playing this, this is how future Castlevania content will be distributed. It’s not ideal, but it is what it is

It’s weird how Lucy is schooling AlucArd on how things work, when it should be the other way around.

Tags: