Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Origin of these X68000 floppy disks from the game "Akumajo Dracula"  (Read 210 times)

Offline Trev_X68000

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards

A few years ago I've gotten a hold on these disks for the Sharp X68000. Back then I tested them and they used to work just fine.

For a while now I keep wondering why these disks look a little bit different than the ones I usually see on eBay and the internet. My disks have written in Hepburn romanization the words "Akumajo Dracula" on them. All others pictures of the disks I see online have that missing.

I have attached a picture of them. Does anybody know anything about the origin of these disks?

Thank you very much. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:37:02 AM by Trev_X68000 »

Offline Bloo

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Master Hunter
  • bitchin
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Origin of these X68000 floppy disks from the game "Akumajo Dracula"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 06:41:19 AM »
Do you have any of the packaging it came in? Was there more?
Everything I can see in the picture looks official except for the, "AKUMAJO DRACULA". Perhaps it's a reproduction? I haven't seen any repros for the x68000 but I can imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to do it with floppies.
bloo

Offline Trev_X68000

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 07:08:23 AM »
Do you have any of the packaging it came in? Was there more?
No, unfortunately I only have the disks. I also thought that they could be repros but I never saw anything like them. Maybe they are some kind of prototype or for some other region?

I really hope that someone can help identifying them.

(For information purposes, it should be mentioned that I also posted this question on reddit and I will update this thread if I get any news.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 07:26:03 AM by Trev_X68000 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 09:35:01 AM »
I believe Luxkiller owns a prototype/demo of this game, but that one ended after only one stage. I assume that's not the case here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:36:42 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Trev_X68000

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
That is a great hint. To be honest I actually never really played it. I just started the game to check if the game would load and tried to play it for a little bit. I don't think I ever passed the first stage. I updated my first post to make that clearer - sorry for any confusion about that.

But wouldn't a Demo/Prototype only have one disk?

Offline Trev_X68000

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 11:07:45 AM »
..., but that one ended after only one stage. I assume that's not the case here.
I got curious after reading that. So I fired up my X68000 Emulator and played it to find out. I got pass the first boss (that giant bat) so I assume that was the first stage.

Maybe my disks where part of a press kit or something like that.  :-\

Tags: x68000 Sharp 

anything