Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Easter Egg in Playstation Ad?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Castlevania Easter Egg in Playstation Ad?
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:49:17 PM »
This article says there’s a Castlevania easter egg in it.  I have no idea what it’s pointing at though.  Any idea?

As neat as it would be to think this might mean there’s a new Castlevania on its way, maybe it’s just a reference to the Castlevania Anniversary Collection or something.

https://mp1st.com/news/playstationplay-has-no-limits-trailer-includes-references-to-silent-hill-re4-more-heres-what-was-spotted

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania Easter Egg in Playstation Ad?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »
The article is tripping balls with that screenshot. This is the shot they should be using. Notice what is supposedly the "Dragon Quest slime"

And yeah, I can tell no Castlevania at all in there. I've read people saying the first character is a Belmont but I'm not seeing it. This moment is at 00:46 of the video.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:27:54 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:11:04 PM »
I can see it. Unless it can be confirmed that it is meant to be someone else from another game, it sure looks like a Belmont with his whip spiraling around him.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:20:36 AM »
I don't see how something that looks like a brown tear-shape is a reference to a Belmont, nor can I see how that blue thing at the same time is a reference to the Slimes. Plus, the use of the Meteor doesn't have to mean FFVIIR, it could just mean FFVII in general.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 06:42:09 AM »
This is definitely just Dragon Quest X. The first silhouette matches the shape of the art for the ogre class very closely. No Belmonts here I'm afraid.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 09:36:14 AM »
Thanks! That answers that. Although besides the slime there's another image that's still unknown. Is there another DQ element that'll fit there?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything