Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982129 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
I don't mind a side story or two as long as the gameplay is on point. I am also cool with the possible brand new plot aspect. I think that will ensure we get some closure in the the storyline if this does well. I am all for SOTN, but remember I am a Generation 1 Castlevania fan and I love that old action style. Are we all forgetting about Super Castlevania 4? We need a evolution of that game!
I don't really like that game. I prefer if they made something more akin to Dracula X or Castlevania 3.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
I don't mind a side story or two as long as the gameplay is on point. I am also cool with the possible brand new plot aspect. I think that will ensure we get some closure in the the storyline if this does well. I am all for SOTN, but remember I am a Generation 1 Castlevania fan and I love that old action style. Are we all forgetting about Super Castlevania 4? We need a evolution of that game!

Konami does not care about the original canon. This is the same company that wanted to distance the series of the "effeminate" work of Michiru Yamane by personally requesting that the Lords of Shadow trilogy have "dark" music. They would rather literally make the franchise some AAA superstar, and that was against everything the series stood for since 1986.

You will at best get easter eggs and nods to IGA's fictional universe of Castlevania in IGA's new game; the whip is one such obvious thing. But an end and a new game in his canon? Probably not. Konami would rather let the series burn at this rate, as they're doing with all of their IPs, Metal Gear included.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:39:29 PM by Foffy »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
Konami does not care about the original canon. This is the same company that wanted to get distance the series of the "effeminate" work of Michiru Yamane by personally requesting that the Lords of Shadow trilogy have "dark" music. They would literally make the franchise some AAA superstar, and that was against everything the series stood for since 1986.

You will at best get easter eggs and nods to IGA's fictional universe of Castlevania in IGA's new game; the whip is one such obvious thing. But an end and a new game in his canon? Probably not. Konami would rather let the series burn at this rate, as they're doing with all of their IPs, Metal Gear included.

Yeah, its a damn shame what is happening within Konami as regards to being a video gaming entity.

Would the IGA team have liberties to go back to exploring that Bloodline/Stoker's timeline? I mean the Bram Stoker mythology has nothing to do with the Konami IP. That would work.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2015, 06:41:10 PM »
You guys are seriously jumping to conclusions.

The sprites shown are not really final or something you can drawn ANY conclusions at all.

How do you know they are not final?

I admit I may have jumped to conclusions, but as an artist I indeed see where this is going just by seeing the stone pillar and the whip if the work is final. And that's what I mean.

This is all we have to work with right now, so I'm commenting on it, and it did jump on my eye that the overall quality of these sprites are inferior to latest 2D Castlevania ones. "Inferior" in this case being used quite loosely, as I still like them alot. Inferior doesn't mean "bad".

But again, this may be jumping on conclusions indeed!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:43:05 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
And whose to say what it might with a successful Kickstarter.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2015, 07:37:17 PM »
I agree that it is early to draw conclusions. I will say however, IF this is real, I hope it is sprite based. Preferably HD sprites. I want that charm. 2.5d is overrated.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »
+3
Im surprised no one has brought up the biggest silver lining about this if it's real:

New sprites! :D

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2015, 08:15:13 PM »
Holy shit youre right! Now I want this to be real more than before.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2015, 08:23:04 PM »
Whatever happens I just want a new IP. Dracula and Castlevania are better off dead than tossed around the way Silent Hill was for so long. If IGA is going to start anew I wanna see a new story with new protagonists unfold.

Except Shanoa, she can be back for his new game. :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »
I swear if this is some sort of joke...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2015, 10:12:43 PM »
... If this is a grand hoax, some people here would flip.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »
... If this is a grand hoax, some people here would flip.

Quite the understatement.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
I have to say, in regards to the "it's not SotN quality so it's bad" kinda mindset, when did SotN suddenly become THE spriting standard of the universe? It's good, no contesting that, but you'd think everything before and after is invalidated by its quality and anything less somehow ruins everything else about the rest of the game, with how much this mindset gets tossed around.

I also think it says a lot about the fandom that a third of us are varying degrees of hyped or anxious, another third is calling that third gullible/easily excited or calling for skepticism, and the final third has become so jaded about the series that even a direct confirmation announcement wouldn't please them, about all of this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:34:25 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
To be honest, my skepticism is more of a defense mechanism at this point. After all, once bitten twice shy.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
I prepare this word for that case.

Quote from: Nagumo on March 4, 2013
Liar, liar, pants on fire! : p
I'm on hiatus now.

Tags: