Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Foreign Music...  (Read 7815 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
Hirasawa's style is very simplistic. I like his instrumentals he composed for Satoshi Kon more than his actual songs. His music has a nifty sound, but once you've listened to 95% of his music over and over, you realize he has no variety in his music. He's great for soundtracks because the individual phrases are so great. If he just included more phrases instead of repeating the same three over and over, I would like him even more. And I'm referring to P-Model as well. P-Model and Hirasawa's solo projects suffer from the same repetition that so many other modern songs suffer. AABABCABB is so overused, these days.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 08:25:42 PM »
Now, this is a real foreign music:

Best VGM 205 - Tales of Legendia - The Birds Chirp, I Sing

Good sir I one up you with this

テイルズオブイノセンス 主題歌 「Follow the Nightingale」

and ( since my mother is from belize these kinds of dances and forms of music should be second nature the only problem is that this happens once in a blue moon in the US if my memory serves me correct.This is a very special occasion and I remember it being so long I believe it's called carib settlement day I have only experienced it once. One thing I like for instance are the colors their wearing yellow but other colors are worn for instance my family wore blue in fact I still wear my blue headband around the house and if it is really hot I would wear the shirt I wore on that day it is in my closet somewhere I think it fell of my hanger.  I need to know more about my belizian heritage heck all of my heritage like learning garifuna)

Umalali with Garifuna Collective, Belize
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
I see Moi Dix Mois was mentioned.

personally I dont like Mana's Moi Dix Mois work that much anymore. It all starts sounding the same after a while... He really isnt that good at metal. He should stick to the kind of music he made in Malice Mizer.

For example, on Moi Dix Mois' recent album, D+Sect, this is the best track of the entire album for me.

Moi Dix Mois D+Sect In Paradisum

and its only a few seconds long.

Personally, I think Moi Dix Mois lost a bit of its touch after the whole band roster was changed. Whatsis name, Juka, had a far better singing voice than Seth. but he decided to leave, what can you do there.

Speaking of Malice Mizer though-

Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood

Malice Mizer~Bara ni Irodorareta~Seinaru Toki Eien no Inori

Malice Mizer (Live) Rondo of Love and Sadness

Malice Mizer- Gensou Rakuen

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:04:41 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
I mostly listen to music in english, hardly ever in italian and latin.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
Personally, I think Moi Dix Mois lost a bit of its touch after the whole band roster was changed. Whatsis name, Juka, had a far better singing voice than Seth. but he decided to leave, what can you do there.

Actually, I find the whole Juka Seth thing pretty funny.
Juka Left M10M to work with Hizaki with both Hizaki's band (before Versailles) and on his solo Project, eventually he has his own band now named VII-Sense

Seth, Still with M10M also Vocals for Art Cube.

It makes full circle now that Art Cube and VII-Sense made a Collab mini- album call Art Sensation featuring a song from each Band.

Personally, Kozi From MM carried over the feel from MM in his solo project.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
I always thought mana was really channeling Malice Mizer into Moi Dix Mois with the first lineup. Juka especially was really reminding me of Klaha.

Speaking of which, Klaha hasnt really done anything since what, 2004?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 11:07:36 PM »
I always thought mana was really channeling Malice Mizer into Moi Dix Mois with the first lineup. Juka especially was really reminding me of Klaha.

Speaking of which, Klaha hasnt really done anything since what, 2004?
oh yeah, the Juka Lineup was awesome, it really did feel like a sorta evolved Klaha era Malice Mizer.
I just Wish one day I could get an evolved Gackt era sound...

Klaha, It's a real shame he hasn't done much since I really dig his solo albums.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
He has an AMAZING voice. Its actually somewhat of a shame that his solo work doesnt utilize too much of his operatic voice.

There are only 2 singers that I consider to have sexy ass voices. (no homo)

One is Atsushi Sakurai of BUCK-TICK, and the other is Klaha.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
Hanoi Rocks - Tragedy

Hanoi Rocks is a pretty good Finnish glam metal band. Think of them as the Visual Kei band of Finland!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
I guess right now I'm listening to some "foreign music." ;) My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. Love this album, EXCEPT for "I Only Said". That obnoxious piece of shit can go to hell.

This is the obvious fave:

MY BLOODY VALENTINE - When You Sleep (lyrics included, 1991)

Actually, "I Only Said" really only sucks in a room filled with all sorts of other loud noises, like when I'm working. It's a pretty cool headphones song.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:33:26 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything