Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Electronic cigarettes and 'vaping'  (Read 4577 times)

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:40:11 AM »
For those who smoke tobacco, or just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of electronic or 'e-cigarettes' and vaping? Have you tried one and how as it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

For me, e-cigarettes were like the iPhone in the cellphone market. I.e. it changed my life for the better! ;D

'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:03 AM »
Sounds like bull**it to me, if you don't smoke because you like tobacco, then you smoke because you're addicted.
Electronic ciggarettes are quite like outright injecting nicotine in your vein. Using it is like admitting that you're addicted.
I don't see how electronic cigarettes can be considered "cool" or "hip".
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »
Cool down, bro!  :)

Also, is there some sort of shame attached if you can admit that you are addicted to smoking?  :rollseyes: I mean it would take a person being brought up in a barrel for the last 30 yrs to not to be educated to recognize personal addiction, if they smoke. With all the information being available in front of everybody's eyes for the past three decades or so.  ;)

Anyway, vaping is designed for people who want to give up smoking. It's chiefly designed to be a replacement for the psychological need of smoking, not the physical (=craving for nicotine). Eventhough there are products that have nicotine in them, for example I  vape non-nicotine e-liquid. I just want the 'throat hit' aka I'm psychologically addicted.

It's not a discussion about is it 'hip' or 'cool', since that's for kindergarteners to decide. And the answer is 'NO', by the way. But the world around us has changed, and I was interested in hearing people's experience with such products, giving up smoking or stories about how they have noticed such evolution around them in the context of smoking/smokers?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
+1
A coworker of mine started using them recently. She seemed to like them.

Sounds like a great invention to me.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »
A coworker of mine started using them recently. She seemed to like them.

Sounds like a great invention to me.

yeah! And you can actually vape inside!  :D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »
+1
they arent spose to be cool or hip. There a safe (for those around the smoker) way for smokers to smoke anywhere. Theres no second hand smoke and really no smoke at all. Its vapor like steam or mist. Its a far safer way to continue smoking for ppl with not only nicotine addiction but also the oral and busy hands fixation of smoking

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
^what Aridale said!  ;)

BTW a funny story, vaping is actually prohibited in Finnish trains! Not because there's any harm to the other passengers, but  to avoid confusion, lol! ;D This might change in the future, when people become more educated on the subject. Not holding my breath though, no pun intended. Besides, I can vape outside just as well, if needed and when in public.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:43:05 AM by P/\/\\/o »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
i used an E-cig for 8 months while deployed. it definitely was a good alt. to smoking since i didn't ever have time to finish a full cig. just a few pulls and i was ok. i like how i could smoke it wherever on the carrier. so depending on your situation be it to quit or to just change it up, you will probably come to enjoy its convenience. now all i smoke is my au' Natural approach!!!  ;)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »
My Dad was a smoker and it's a shame these things didn't come out before lung cancer took his life. I grew up in a household of secondhand cigarette smoke so I really don't enjoy smelling it in the air whenever I'm outside and around those who smoke  :P I know it may never happen but I do hope that one day these things eventually fully replace the cigarette. I thing these are a good idea for those who want to quit and for those who don't want to potentially hurt others with their bad habit.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 03:04:56 PM »
I know your pain X, about growing up around smokers and I can fully endorse what he says about it sucking (pun not intended).
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
"Vaping" makes me think gaping vagina.

Carry on/carrion.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:35 PM »
Makes me think of finger-raping a girl.

( *_*)v  /v\
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
I have tried them & do like them. I didn't use them to stop smoking (cold turkey, fells & I feel like it was the best way for me personally), just I began to worry about the effects of cigs, i.e., duh big 'C' & some more shallow things I suppose, such as wrinkles, yellowing teeth, the constant smell, et.c.. But yeah, I'm glad these are around & like X, wish they'd had these in my dad's time because he also perished from smoking-he survived lung, esophageal & spinal cancer to fall prey to a massive stroke & heart failure. He passed 12 years ago this April.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:11:52 AM »
In Finland, there has been a reformation about smoking during the last 10 years or so: the gist of it being making smoking harder and harder, small step at a time. E.g you used to be able to smoke in bars, while smoking inside in general was weeded out after the 70's. Now you can't. Last year, they removed all smoking-products out of the sight of eyes. Sounds shady, but what it is, is just that you cannot see the product on shelves, you have to ask for it. And all the shelves left empty were filled with nicotine-replacement products, like nicotine gum and such. Now I hear they might be banning 'flavored' tobacco, i.e. menthol and such, next. All the media surrounding the change is 'understanding' and not blaming. E.g. there's a commercial for a nicotine gum brand, which says 'Why wouldn't you consider quitting (smoking tobacco)?  If not quitting, how about reducing (smoking tobacco)?' For every cigarette, there's a nicorette!  ;D

Pretty drastic changes, but I see where they are going with this: not banning smoking entirely, but semi-voluntarily forcing  ;D people to give it up, in the span of the next 100 years or so. Which is good! For new 'customers' it makes it harder to pick up the habit, too! And if they manage to not produce new customers, us old-school addicted will die eventually ;D. And then we will have a smoke free world!

*COUGH, COUGH!* ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:14:39 AM by P/\/\\/o »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
I am not a smoker but my lungs would probably be like one since I am a victim of secondhand smoke plus heavy urban pollution.
In the country I am currently at, smoking is very rampant and kids are already smoking! Plus it is cheaper to buy a pack of cigarettes compared to food. E-cigarettes or any other substitute is not that common since they are more expensive.
I am also dreaming of a smoke free world, but I'd probably die first before seeing it.

(cold turkey, fells & I feel like it was the best way for me personally)
My dad went cold turkey and he tells me that it was one of the best decisions he made. He can finally taste food and smell other things better.

Tags:

anything