Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820963 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #360 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:47 PM »
eh, you know I must admit I disliked order the most out of the IGA games. Mainly because the environments were even more repetitive within each level. Sometimes just being a straight line till the end....

I also don't know how i feel about it if it's very basic ...I kinda love the metroidvania style and I'd miss it if it's gone for good....
Still excited to see a 2.5d from mercurysteam...

Portrait

of

Ruin

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
The leaker is still leaking apparently.

He says that the press has already had their hands on it but are under NDA till E3. There is a whole castle to explore but the area's are level based like the old games but backtracking and exploration for new powerups is always a avalible.

So the castle is the setting and the map layout is like Order of Ecclesia. I dunno guy's it's starting to sound........good.
That wasn't the same guy (it didn't sound like him), but damn that sounds wonderful.
You cant tell me

this
Castlevania Bloodlines Music - Iron blue intention (Stage 4)

sounds "happy"

God, Bloodlines OST is absolutely sublime. Utter perfection, this makes me miss Yamane a lot.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:52:05 PM by OSM »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #362 on: May 21, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
The leaker is still leaking apparently.

He says that the press has already had their hands on it but are under NDA till E3. There is a whole castle to explore but the area's are level based like the old games but backtracking and exploration for new powerups is always a avalible.

So the castle is the setting and the map layout is like Order of Ecclesia. I dunno guy's it's starting to sound........good.

I wouldn't mind a map similar to - wait for it - Super Mario World, where you can find different exits in the levels to unlock more routes. That would be pretty neat!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #363 on: May 21, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »
I liked the last two. Not so much the first one until 2:40

The first one sounds like it could be the trailer music material for the new game.

As for the other two ahh hell I just like them all

Three new replies dang it

dang let me post  >:(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »
LoS' best tracks are Waterfalls of Agharta, Theme of Belmont, and the main LoS theme which was pretty epic. we need more like that. Less the battle themes which I WILL admit, sounded a bit too fantasy movie. Needs less tuba, more strings, possibly more piano or organ. organ might stretch it a bit with them, honestly, but just lessen the tuba, as I notice those seem to be the tracks that get the most "LotR" response from people.

also, IMO, Iron Blue Intention is a pretty serious theme. It sounds heroic, but still dark and serious.

You cant tell me

this
Castlevania Bloodlines Music - Iron blue intention (Stage 4)

sounds "happy"

Also yeah, Carmilla's boss theme was a real fun nod to the Dracula boss theme.

well, in general, the sequel needs more tracks PERIOD- as that was one fault I felt with the game from the start. I wasnt a fan of how it used it's music as atmospheric pieces and therefore reused most tracks multiple times.

It's happy in the sense that there's nothing about the song that seems threatening in any way. It's not a heroic turnaround or anything, it's just "Doin' the strut and killin' shizz Genesis style".
It's too melodic. I don't want the music to fade too much into the background, but I don't want it to blow-out the mood.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
+2
it's just "Doin' the strut and killin' shizz Genesis style".
But isn't that the best kind of music for Castlevania?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »
+1
Portrait

of

Ruin
Portrait of Ruin was better than Order to me....

This is how i rate IGA'S handheld games.....
The last three are always changing....

Symphony of the night> Aria of Sorrow> Harmony of dissonance> Dawn of Sorrow> Portrait of Ruin> Order.....

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: May 21, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »
+1
But isn't that the best kind of music for Castlevania?

It was then, but I don't necessarily believe it still is.

Games are presented differently nowadays. As opposed to the music being a catchy background beat that's fun to listen to while going through a series of game-like events, the music should assist in setting the scene, mood, and tone in addition to being catchy if the franchise so desires.

Portrait of Ruin was better than Order to me....

This is how i rate IGA'S handheld games.....
The last three are always changing....

Symphony of the night> Aria of Sorrow> Harmony of dissonance> Dawn of Sorrow> Portrait of Ruin> Order.....

I was just referencing your message of repetitive level design. Portrait takes that in spades.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
I wonder who the artist/character designer is going to be??

**crosses fingers for Masaki to return**

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
Yeah portrait does have repetitive design but then again it didn't have stages that were literally...

Start-------------------------------->END

as much as Order did...and that turned me off big time. It doesn't matter though because I disliked both games immensely.
Aria of sorrow is soooo much better than those games, it's a shame it didn't get made on the DS, could use a bit better graphics.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #370 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Damn, that was amazing. The Iron Blue Intention and LoS segments gave me chills. That's the kind of music this new canon needs; melody and beat on a grander and richer scale.
I don't agre with people saying that LoS music was not "Catchy" nor Recognizable, I didn't Expect that LoS bit and I was utterly transported to that game when I heard that tiny bit. It has its charm.

And I agree with everything you said. Mr Araujo, I know it's too late because you already recorded the soundtrack for the 2nd game, but just  a heads up for the 3rd one, you an make a grandiose symphony with the old style too. And it's great.

Related to the Leaker info: Are we talking about the 3DS game? not a word about the Console version? :(

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »
eh, you know I must admit I disliked order the most out of the IGA games. Mainly because the environments were even more repetitive within each level. Sometimes just being a straight line till the end....

I also don't know how i feel about it if it's very basic ...I kinda love the metroidvania style and I'd miss it if it's gone for good....
Still excited to see a 2.5d from mercurysteam...

The reason why I like this is because OOE map system is very straight to the point. And with it being more classic like I am not sure if my body is ready to withstand this mighty blow. Can I say that in order to pass on one part we would need to I do not know fight super axe armors with yellow medusa heads that can petrify you to get the next area or something. The only thing I disliked about OOE is that Shanoa did not use a whip my god for her to whip and whip it good.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
+1
Related to the Leaker info: Are we talking about the 3DS game? not a word about the Console version? :(
Kingshango posted some rumors regarding the console sequel a few pages back.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
The only thing I disliked about OOE is that Shanoa did not use a whip my god for her to whip and whip it good.

Yeah, I always found it strange that Shanoa didn't get a whip glyph.

Cause she didn't, did she? In that case I completely missed it.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
Yeah, I always found it strange that Shanoa didn't get a whip glyph.

Cause she didn't, did she? In that case I completely missed it.

From my memory she never got one because if she did that is all what I would of use in that game.
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....?