Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274416 times)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #465 on: April 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM »
+1
Wow nice works, the only thing i see weird its the part she goes up or down the stairs, its like something its broken, but its a opinion, if i can play this game it will not be a problem XD

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #466 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »
+1
Allow me to be more direct. Yo Kale, wtf is wrong with you? I suspect you to be a mastertroll. There is a way to voice your opinion without being a dick about it. And if you don't like Sypha, well boo-hoo, remember nobody is forcing your hand to play this game. You have a right to not like Sypha but you don't have to use that kinda language. These people are working overtime to bring us a game, that frankly, looks pretty damn professional. And guess what, they don't get paid for it. Oh and guess what, they don't need to be infuriated by douche comments like yours. So how about a nice cup of shut the fuck up for your next wise comment sir. Yo WarMachine, Sypha looks fuckin amazing dude. Keep up the nice work, and yeah, I for one, will love playing your game. Don't let these kinda douche comments piss you off, it's simply not worth it.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #467 on: April 24, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »
+1
About Sypha's standing attack animation, while I don't think it's completely "shitty", I think it can be improved by cutting a couple frames and upping the speed a bit, making it look less like a gentle swing and more like a smack with a bit of power behind it.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2014, 04:25:50 AM »
+1
Even though I agree with the general opinion of Warmachine and Darkman, there are some things though I'd like to point out; Note: I'm not the holder of true justice and avatar of righteousness. These are my two cents only.

Agree in full. However we must always pay attention to one important thing: Interpretation. Sometimes, someone didn't mean to be a "dick", but we still see it that way. I'm not saying this was the case, though. But take a stroll on Deviant Art and you will see constructive criticism being treated as murder threats.

Two things:

-Making things for free means nothing when it comes to quality. Quality and the products "price" are two separate, very different things. When a work has bad quality, but it's free, it still has bad quality and anyone can point it out. Being free doesn't provide something with a criticism-proof armor.

-So, because one is not a designer or superior artist, one cannot give any opinion or make any criticism? This is not good nor correct. One can criticize as long as one has a comparative point and a good analytical mind. One's personal skill on the subject says nothing about his ability to criticize said subject.

That all said my opinion on Sypha:

It looks absolutelly fantastic. And that's the major problem for me. She looks like she has more frames for everything in comparison to Trevor, Alucard and the enemies. She looks *too* fluid.

Even though the work on her has been done with professional prowess, she stands a bit too much from the crowd.
But no way in hell I'd like to see this gorgeous sprite removed from the game.

About her movimentation, I liked it. Feels like Castlevania, as it should be.

Very good work guys!

Well said. Don't take everything I wrote so literal, it all has to revolve around constructive criticism. I basically meant if you are going to make a comment like that, you damn sure better be able to back it up with some substance! And if you don't have any? Then guess what? To me your being a pr*ck for no reason!

And yes, I have worked with superior artists that are basically complete d*cks for no reason so I totally agree with you there.

Hell, you want to see some real harsh critique's post some work on the Polycount forums..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:37:11 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: April 24, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the support  ;D it's good to know i got some homies on here that got my back!  As for the "true" constructive criticism you guys put out mainly on this page lol ( theplottwist, darkman, KaZiZ, Sabin, Jop, Vlad), as always i value and greatly appreciate your input.  Seems a lot of people here could learn a LOT from the type of input you guys give out to developers.  +1 rep for all you dudes no question  8) Sabin, thanks for the support as always dude, your words and passion slam harder than odin's nutsack as always haha, preach it brother!  KaZiZ, yeah man i feel ya on the heartattack sounds lol, didn't really stand out to me as much until i made the vid that was Sypha solo, that will get fixed no problem  ;) Jop, yeah dude, the stairs still need fine tuning.  Those are all the sprites Kaonstantine has hooked me up with thus far, just the ascending sprites, so to fill in the blank for now i just coded that for her descending for the time being.  It'll be straight before release  ;D Vlad, very VERY good point and simple idea!  The reason i went off about the troll post earlier is because Sypha's sprites were made from the ground up by Kaonstantine.  He doesn't deserve that type of negative BS.  He's by far one of the best spriters i have seen, period.  Yeah, Sypha has a TON of frames that make her extremely detailed, but i actually like that she stands out like she does.  It gives her that much more presence IMO.  But i agree 100% on the swing, i think if i try like you said it will give that swing more ass behind it.  As for the game progress fellas, the brakes are on until at least tomorrow night or Saturday, i've busted my ass at work and home these last few days, just got back from taking our kids to the circus and got a friend and family get together going on tomorrow or Saturday for my bday this Monday so im pretty booked till the weekend lol, BUT i did get started on Alucard's Prologue layout and it has the makings of being equally as nasty and different as Sypha's so make sure to check the thread and as always, thank you all so much for your dedication and continued support!!!!!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »
Ohh so thats was, when i see sypha goes up i say wow its nice but when i see her goes down and see make the same moves i was thinking things like, why they make that? its a fine work and i know make sprites take a lot of time and i think its take more since this sprites are so awesome i hate make the walk or running animations but more the stairs animations so yeah i think its perfect and with more time it will be more good

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
+1
It's all good WarMachine 8) We got your back Bro!  That Mofo had it coming, man do people like that piss me off.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: April 25, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
Just saying it how it is. Wasn't impressed with things, so I gave my thoughts.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: April 25, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
+1
And that's fine Kale but there are other ways of expressing your comments without getting offensive about it. This is a game that BMC_War Machine is working very hard on. If you want to comment about then go ahead, but in a way that is constructive and not destructive. Saying it how it is doesn't mean you can be a horse's @$$ about it. Think before you type, right?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
I would comment more but, what else needs to be said? I think all the true fans here made it perfectly clear  8) Sabin, thanks brother, good to know ya got me covered dude! Believe me, it burns me too, but not like it used to. All I have to do is think "yep, id bitch and moan too if I couldn't do it and wanted attention too" lmao, after all, what would castlevania be without a troll or two? Haha. X, couldn't have said it better myself bro, well put!!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »
And that's fine Kale but there are other ways of expressing your comments without getting offensive about it. This is a game that BMC_War Machine is working very hard on. If you want to comment about then go ahead, but in a way that is constructive and not destructive. Saying it how it is doesn't mean you can be a horse's @$$ about it. Think before you type, right?

Eh... that's how I usually am though. Especially when it comes to animation. I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to that.

And my post actually pointed out, how I thought of it, without it just being "IT'S BAD!"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
"IT'S BAD!"

This would have worked out a lot better, lol. It's straight to the point and is the least offensive

Especially when it comes to animation. I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to that.

So am I  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »
... I have to disagree. Just saying it's bad, yields no reasoning. That, to me, would be trolling. Where as I actually pointed out why I thought so.

Oh well, whatever. Not much else to say on what's been posted.

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #478 on: April 29, 2014, 12:09:57 AM »
... I have to disagree. Just saying it's bad, yields no reasoning. That, to me, would be trolling. Where as I actually pointed out why I thought so.

Oh well, whatever. Not much else to say on what's been posted.

I'm with you Kale; you gave plenty of details; some people just don't like the truth. Which is their problem.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
Wow....the truth is that bugs never show up alone. You his infant troll son?

Tags:

anything