Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spider-Man reboot confirmed  (Read 2799 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »
Spider-Man 4 was scheduled for a May 4, 2011 release date, with filming to begin in the next few months. Looks like all of that isn't gonna happen,

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8976
Quote from: Sam Raimi
Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of a lifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job,

There were some rumblings that the production was in trouble, but I never thought it'd result in a reboot of the franchise. I didn't think Spider-Man 3 was THAT bad as everyone says, but the story did come full circle..

Farewell, Tobey. T'was fun while it lasted...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »
I think a reboot will be good for spiderman. Just look at how bad the first Hulk movie was till they rebooted it. The second time around it was awesome! I never bothered to watch spiderman 3 due to the fact that the character, Eddie Brock was played by an average person (not referring to the actor) rather then someone who had the physique of a body builder. That was mistake number 1. The second mistake was the symbiont suit. It looked like spiderman's regular suit with all those features and stuff but since the symbiont is organic in nature they should've made the spidy suit more organic to fit the profile more accurately. In my opinion it was those two errors that got the fans riled up in the first place.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 12:38:49 AM »
Actually, one of Spider-Man 3's biggest problems is that Venom is even in it at all. Sam Raimi doesn't like Venom, and it shows; it was forced on him by the studio to include the character and all that. They forced a lot of things, and it ended up as this 2 1/2-hour mess. I can't really fault Raimi for how terrible that movie is.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »
That'll be mistake number 3! Just like spiderman 3; a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out!  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
I won't be having high expectations for this film. I can't see anything amazing come from this. But if it does end up being good, it'll be a pleasant surprise
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline MathUser

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Spider-Man reboot confirmed
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:17 AM »
I was a bit suprised when I first heard about the reboot as I knew they were developing a SM4. I'll probably watch the reboot but I wanted to see how other Spiderman villians would of turned out in the movies than have to see the same villians all over again. Green Goblin was Spidermans first villian so no doubt he'll have to make an appearence.

Tags:

anything