do you believe in the paranormal?

yes
11 (61.1%)
no
3 (16.7%)
maybe
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: paranormal phenomena  (Read 7957 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
However, I think the biggest thing with me is deja-vu. Like others here, I know I've dreamed about the future before. However, it rarely happens with me. Even though I rarely dream about the future, I still get the feeling of deja-vu all the time. I just KNOW I've either done something before or seen something before. It's so weird and it always freaks me out.  :-\

Ahhh Deja-vu. I read about them from multiple sources and they apparently function as signposts in your life. They let you know that you are on the right track of your life. With regards to my earlier post I also had deja-vus before but they are very rare, almost none in fact so I'm not sure if I'm on the correct path in my life.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
Evangelicals and Catholics are devil-summoners. That's the only reason they have so many problems with demons. If you quit summoning demons, they'll quit harassing you.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
Evangelicals and Catholics are devil-summoners. That's the only reason they have so many problems with demons. If you quit summoning demons, they'll quit harassing you.
I LOL'd, since I didnt take religion-related conversations seriously you made me imagine that its like the "Japan and giants monster" case xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »
Much times I have a Deja-vu, like something happened before, or perhaps I've seem the future? another building).
Man I have Deja-vu lots of times. Im talking to someone usually, and I feel like I have had that conversation before.

I am a true believer of spirits.

One day, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadowed figure. I turned to look at it. It was distinctly humanoid, but faded away quickly. I thought nothing of it at first, since it was quick. My mind playing tricks on me perhaps, I thought.

A little later that day I learned that my mother had died. The time at which I saw the shadow figure, is the same exact time she passed away.

I need no more convincing than that.
Man, thats really something.

My Mom swears once- when I was really little, that while she was alone in the basement, Dad still worked the night shift at his job, so he didnt come home till 12:00, she was doing laundry, and she came across a tablecloth my Great Grandmother had knitted. So she began to think about her, and reminisce, and she thought she felt something, like someone sneaking down the stairs really quietly. She thought it might be me playing at trying to sneak up on her, since I was supposed to be in bed at the time,it was late at night, so she told me to go to bed, but she saw that I wasn't there. She went to check on me and saw I was still sleeping.

She is pretty convinced that it was her grandmother, since she had started thinking about her when she picked the tablecloth up.

I myself have never had any kind of such encounter or experience, although lol, my friend once when he walked into what is our guest room(/miscellaneous room when there is no guest) said he felt some kind of presence in there, and jokingly inquired if we didnt have a dead body or something hidden in there.

That room, contains a WHOOOLE lot of family photos. And I mean, like, "family tree" like. Photos of my grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, all manner of old family photos, from BOTH sides- my Dad, and my Mom. (and theres a porcelain doll on a shelf, that doesnt help.) So Im pretty sure the "presence" he felt, was the entire family staring him down.

Then theres my Grandma, who has incredibly vivid lifelike dreams where she talks or walks or generally hangs out (very normal dreams, let me tell you, nothing outrageous either, just "every day" occurrence type dreams) with people she knows. Sometimes with people she has known but that have passed away, and when she wakes up, she realizes the fact.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:32:33 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »
Man I have Deja-vu lots of times. Im talking to someone usually, and I feel like I have had that conversation before.
Yeah, that exactly like that to me too, or in a conversation or in a specific thing that Im doing, sometimes this feeling appears and I need to wait at least a mid-hour to stop thinking about that. Its strange, its not even good to try to focus  at this feeling at these moments, you can lose some points of sanity and lose a bit of your sense of reality.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:37:12 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08:14 PM »

I was quite surprised to hear that, but it appears that the Jewish religion supports the existence of ghosts and bad spirits too. Even more surprisingly, they claim that while bad spirits do exist, there are none of them in Israel, because they were all banished years ago or something. So they issue a warning to people who go abroad to be careful and not run into them.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:08 PM »
The night my aunt was shot and killed by her second husband while arriving at work, I saw what looked to be the Grim Reaper in my room, I know I was awake, but couldn't move nor scream (I was around 9 years old at the time). It tells me one day it'll be back for me, I can clearly see darkness where it's eyes should be, and what looks to be a cloak. A day or two later in the same room (I still remain in the same room to this day) I'm in bed and I swear I hear the sound of heavy breathing next to me. Of course I look over and nothing or nobody is there, never could explain that.

These days I get sleep paralysis and swear either someone's calling my name in my ear, or trying to at times shout it out, plus I get the feeling something is massaging my back while doing so. When I come to and can finally move again, nothings there at all. Can't even recognize the voice calling to me.

I also used to have a recurring nightmare about me vs some evil guy in a dark trenchcoat who happened to be bald. He's been in a few dreams I used to have, thankfully it hasn't happened in years, but I do remember the main one I was in some fantasy land he was a tyrant.  Never could kill him but did battle him, shit was so vivid that I'd stare at some creature that looked like it was a mile away, something would zoom in on it, and it was staring me right in the eyes. I'd wake up in the dark and the dream would still be vividly painted on the walls for as long as it remained dark. I'd have to go into somewhere I could turn a light on to make it finally vanish. Don't know who the tall guy was (no it isn't the guy from Phantasm), but he had a deep voice and he was in at least 4 other dreams, always trying to kill me, thankfully never succeeding, doesn't seem like anyone I'd know, but I think the look for him is from my minds perception after seeing Mesmeron from the old Pac-Man cartoon, only not as goofy, but far far more sinister. The look was him, but not the voice and the persona, almost like the perfect villain. Ruthless, tyrannical, pale, tall, and his eyes were cold and dead.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:50:49 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
Oooo~ paranormal discussion! I'm definitely a believer, though I've never personally experienced any besides deja vu and synchronicity (hell ran into a friend from YEARS ago who went to Japan waiting in line to meet Hideo Kojima at PAX this year), but my wife, now there's a different story!

She regularly displays what best I can describe as psychic prowess, dreams of people after or slightly before they become deceased, pets too! She also tends to see or experience paranormal activity, the two that stand out the most to me are one time at my parents' place she heard angry screaming coming from the garage. Thing was, she was alone that day and there's no radio or television down in the garage either, so she was pretty spooked.

The next instance I remember clearly was at our new home, our cat had been staring into the garage (we leave the door open to cool the home down during the summer) when my wife looked over through the door she swore she saw a girl in a white dress walk by. At that same instance the cat jumped and ran up the stairs and my wife jumped a little bit.

We haven't seen the little ghost since, and my wife hasn't felt any ill will or negative presence in the house, so we aren't really sure what was up with that.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »
Yeah, that exactly like that to me too, or in a conversation or in a specific thing that Im doing, sometimes this feeling appears and I need to wait at least a mid-hour to stop thinking about that. Its strange, its not even good to try to focus  at this feeling at these moments, you can lose some points of sanity and lose a bit of your sense of reality.
I had a good bit of Dejavu just a few weeks ago, while playing MINECRAFT of all things. me and pals were on teamspeak, and I could have sworn that i had listened to the exact same conversation while doing the exact same thing in minecraft. It was freaky as hell and I froze up for a few seconds while my mind just sort of felt like it seized up and tried to go deeper and deeper with the connection. lost sense of reality infuckingdeed. That shit was freaky, and it really does make you sort of lose your sense of reality for a little bit.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:34:20 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
 Thats why I warned people to dont try going much deep in that, its like if we are reaching some truth that some entity doesnt wanna us to know and because of that tries to break our mind if we tries to insist in that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Haha! Don't worry about it Lelgax. The only thing that will ever break your mind is seeing Cthulhu as 'it' is a creature of chaos; Something that our finite minds will never truly comprehend. Trust me when I say that we are supposed to reach out for the truth. It's why we're down here. To learn and to grow in our knowledge. Earth is essentially a school and our homes are on the other side. Every lifetime we take here is just another day at school. Once we're done, we go back home for summer break. Don't be afraid of digging for the truth as it's part of being human and is required of us in order to grow not just as a person but also on a spiritual level too. It's the way we were designed and it's nothing to be ashamed about. And no-matter what your choices in life are or how you make them, it's all for your spiritual benefit; to grow and perfect.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:23:28 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything