Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055586 times)

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #765 on: October 14, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
+1
While everyone else seems bent on doing everything in the SOTN style or the DS CV games styles... i am taking a different approach.

I am upgrading the old NES CV2 sprites for my own remake of CV 2.

left revamped simon, right old 8 bit simon.

These are some town folk, the priestess and seller.

And then one of the old men... he's not done.

I wanted to remake CV2 even though everyone else has already at some point, but for me i wanted it to resemble an upgraded version of the original.. much like Nintendo did with super mario allstars back in the day.

Dunno when that will happen.. i'm more of an artist and designer than i am a programmer.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #766 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »
Pretty neat. Hope it work out for you. One thing, though. It's a Priest, not a Priestess.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #767 on: October 25, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
While everyone else seems bent on doing everything in the SOTN style or the DS CV games styles... i am taking a different approach.

I am upgrading the old NES CV2 sprites for my own remake of CV 2.

left revamped simon, right old 8 bit simon.

These are some town folk, the priestess and seller.

And then one of the old men... he's not done.

I wanted to remake CV2 even though everyone else has already at some point, but for me i wanted it to resemble an upgraded version of the original.. much like Nintendo did with super mario allstars back in the day.

Dunno when that will happen.. i'm more of an artist and designer than i am a programmer.

Looks very impressive so far (though simon's sprite needs some work still, but the rest look great). Believe it or not though, coding simon's quest's engine is very simple. It is pretty basic, and doesn't require much work.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #768 on: November 03, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
Hello everybody..it has been a while since i last posted.

But i'm back with some sprites!  ;D

I recently played the Skyrim add-on,Dawnguard and found myself hooked into it..so i decided to sprite out a certain vampire babe.. :P

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: November 03, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »
Very Nice Donofrio! I like her hair blowing in the wind. You captured it well! :D

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »
I like her, Dono :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #771 on: November 04, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
+1
Hey guys I have a request. Namely, I'd like to see Wai Wai World Simon with Castlevania Mobile 3 Simon's colors. It may be difficult, due to the differences in size, but I'm sure it can be done.
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »
+1
Here is a sprite I could use some help with; it is the 3rd and final palette for the axe armor:

I was trying to create one that had colors similar to the rondo version, but having the feet as red too just didn't look right, so I made them orange instead. I also wanted to give him a golden axe with a slightly golden colored shield. However, something just doesn't feel right about him (probably because I have ZERO artistic talent, lol)

If anyone wants to try and improve this, please PM me what you come up with.  8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:03:57 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #773 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »
+2

This is something I whipped up last night; it's meant to be a more SotN-esque sprite of Rondo of Blood Richter Belmont's design, more accurate to his design and the graphic style of SotN. Yes, this was inspired by Thaddeus' project a few years back (too arsed right now to find the topic for y'all), but his were edits of Fake Trevor's sprites, whereas this is a fix of Richter's original graphics (I did use references from Trevor for Richter's head and loin-cloth, however).

To a certain somebody (they'll know who they are): don't worry, this isn't gonna take up my attention in the least; this is just something I did out of boredom. I don't think I'll even do much more for this, so anybody's free to take this and expand on it. (all I ask is credit if you do :P)

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #774 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Very nice. That sprite could use a nice update too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #775 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »

This is something I whipped up last night; it's meant to be a more SotN-esque sprite of Rondo of Blood Richter Belmont's design, more accurate to his design and the graphic style of SotN. Yes, this was inspired by Thaddeus' project a few years back (too arsed right now to find the topic for y'all), but his were edits of Fake Trevor's sprites, whereas this is a fix of Richter's original graphics (I did use references from Trevor for Richter's head and loin-cloth, however).

To a certain somebody (they'll know who they are): don't worry, this isn't gonna take up my attention in the least; this is just something I did out of boredom. I don't think I'll even do much more for this, so anybody's free to take this and expand on it. (all I ask is credit if you do :P)

great job bro , are you going to create a whole sheet using this ?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:11:57 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #776 on: November 12, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
great job bro , are you going to create a whole sheet using this ?
Unfortunately not, as I've got more pressing projects. This was more of a one-off.

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #777 on: November 22, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »
Pretty neat. Hope it work out for you. One thing, though. It's a Priest, not a Priestess.
It's a Priestess NOW lol... He already looked kinda like a she to me, so i upped that look more.
The sprites are still slowly being worked on... i got other things i'm doing all at once.. so i'm taking my time on all this.

But yeah, i know CV games have been remade over and over by fans .. but mine will be more like a ... NES game ported and upgraded to a SNES game.. much like the Super Mario All stars games.

Oh and Esco... the simon sprites are done, but i might add like.. something hanging off his belt, i dunno.. otherwise they're done.. i have them how i want them..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:39:02 PM by Mikepjr »

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #778 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
Hey guys I have a request. Namely, I'd like to see Wai Wai World Simon with Castlevania Mobile 3 Simon's colors. It may be difficult, due to the differences in size, but I'm sure it can be done.

So I decided to give it a try myself, but I had to take smaller steps and start with X68K Simon. Here's what I've got:

So, how did I screw up?
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #779 on: November 23, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
So I decided to give it a try myself, but I had to take smaller steps and start with X68K Simon. Here's what I've got:

So, how did I screw up?

Looks good to me  :)
I don't even know how to program I wish I could so I could make some games I would not even know where to start  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P