Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania ReBirth for WiiWare?  (Read 5385 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
Here's some hope for us hoping for a WiiWare version of Castlevania.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:42:24 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania ReBirth for WiiWare?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
In Reply To #1

IGA has shown interest in the idea, as early as when Mega Man 9 was announced.

So I think there's a very good chance for a "Castlevania Rebirth".

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »
Id rather let Konami look at it like its not a big enough a deal to make the normal CV team do it and lets some other smaller team do it so we get a (possible) better game than what IGAs crew would give.

I mean lets face it if IGA does it were gonna get somethin like Aria for mobile phones. Or they wont even try to come up with somethin different and just put a halfassed port version of HoD on there or somethin

Altho it doesnt matter to me anyway seein how I dont have a Wii

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
In Reply To #1

Castlevania rebirth?!

You mean castlevania chronicles right?
Or just an updated version of the cell phone game?

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
By "Castlevania ReBirth", I mean a new game in the "ReBirth" series of Konami WiiWare games, this one would be a Castlevania game (like the Gradius ReBirth and Contra ReBirth games).  So, it would be a new game done in the old style and probably not a remake of an older game.  They could always make a new Chronicles game for WiiWare based on an older game, but I doubt a game would be branded as both a Rebirth title and a Chronicles title. 

I'm not sure if we really need a WiiWare Chronicles game though, since they can just release old games on the Virtual Console in their original form and charge almost as much.  They could always do something like make a "Dracula's Curse Chronicles" with updated graphics for WiiWare, but it wouldn't be like the Chronicles games we have, which tend to contain both the original and arranged versions of the game, considering Dracula's Curse is already on the Virtual Console.  Chronicles games have been used as excuses to release older games that we never made it outside Japan.  Vampire Killer and Haunted Castle are the only ones that we still need (unless we own an old arcade machine or old computer), and it'd be much easier now just to release them via the Virtual Console.

I should go and get both ReBirth games just to support the series in hopes that they make a Castlevania one.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »
In Reply To #5

then in that case
the one game that deserves a rebirth is Castlevania 2 simon's quest

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
It would likely be a brand new game like the others in the "Rebirth" Wiiware series.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
well, you could have a "rebirth" of Simon's Quest if they used the same style and graphic quality, but with different levels and storyline.  if they upgraded the graphics of Simon's Quest and kept the same level design and told the same story, then it would probably be a new Chronicles game instead.

as far as the "base" game for the style of this new game, i'd much rather it be more like Dracula's Curse than Simon's Quest.  i'm tired of all the running around and rpg elements and just want a plain go-forwards-and-whip-things game. 

i'm not expecting the graphics to be as "primitive" as Dracula's Curse though, judging by Contra ReBirth, and am expecting a 16 bit or slightly better graphics.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »
In Reply To #8

I wouldn't just like that to simon's quest.
But to also fix things and get rid of some annoying things as well. Not only that make Dracula harder than ever!!
I want him to be really hard to where I can just smash my wiimote for once and cuss out loud.

As for Dracula's quest, its been discussed a lot. Why does it need to be remade? Its perfect already except the difficulty  being hard but there is the new VC save feature that eases it a little bit.
If a graphics upgrade is applied then its like no use in my opinion because I believe it won't be soo popular if there was no things added to story or gameplay plus it could also be unpleasing to others since this is IGA.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »
Although I support most new CV projects, and I would support this one.  I am an old old school fan at heart.  I like having a physical copy of the game, with a manual and a case.  I realize the future is downloadable games, but this isn't very collector friendly.  Also, like the cell phone games, once the hardware is outdated the game is pretty much gone.  Especially the ones that don't sell well and the company doesn't want to put in the time or money to keep it available.

As for what game it would be, probably CV3 in a chronicles type fashion.  Iga doesn't seem to trust other groups with new stories and he keeps saying in interviews that he is very busy getting the next game (which I assume is the PS3) out.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
well, Iga has allowed a lot of other stories by other groups, like Order of Shadows, Pachislot, Belmont Legacy, the radio drama, the sorrow novel, the Dracula's Curse animation, and the motion picture.  He's been there in each case to make sure they don't steer too far from his vision (with the exception of the motion picture, where he said he'd leave that up to the Hollywood experts on how to make a movie).  It's not clear if any of these stories can be considered canon though. 

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
A Castlevania ReBirth would be AWSUMLY retro :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:58:51 AM »
In Reply To #12

Man, I just found out about Contra ReBirth. A Castlevania ReBirth would be great, but it saddens me that these games are only on the Wii stores or whatever. I don't see why they don't release them on all the networks like MM9.

Offline E. Alexer Belmont

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 06:21:49 AM »
In Reply To #13

Well, why they didn't released CastleVania Chronicles at N64? And Dracula X VC in Europe and US yet? And Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness in Gamecube?

Only IGA knows, i don't want to buy a PSP or spend 150
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:25:12 AM by E. Alexer Belmont »

Tags: