Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SotN Radio Drama?  (Read 55770 times)

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:15 AM »
Seems like a neat idea to me, that artwork is awesome!

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 12:54:12 PM »
Can anybody translate the little prologue?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
In Reply To #17

I'll try it using a combination of Google translation and Yahoo Babel Fish again.  Here's a link to the translated google site:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2F573st.i-revo.jp%2Fdracula%2Fdrama.html&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ja&tl=en

The Yahoo Babel Fish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt ) web page translation shows up horribly, so I just translate a paragraph at a time rather than the whole page.

My interpretation of the prologue: 
Alucard, with the help of Maria, defeated Count Dracula and freed Richter.  It has been one year since he has disappeared because of his hatred of his own blood.  There are reports in a town of a series of incidents involving the death of young girls whose blood are drained.  Meanwhile, as Richter takes up his whip, his letter addressed to Maria arrives.  He tells her that he fears that the vampire instinct in Alucard has reawoken. 

Around the same time, a dark man who calls himself Magnus, appears before Maria.  He shows her in a dream a vision of Alucard sucking the blood of a young girl.  Is this vision of the incubus a deception or reality?  Truth and fiction are blurred and the horrible past of Alucard is revealed.

A new generation of vampire hunters, Cyril and Alexis, will join the cast of Alucard, Maria, and Richter as this tale progresses.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »
When I said that Richter "took up his whip", it may be that he "put down his whip" instead, which might make more sense if we assume he can't use the whip anymore.  Also earlier, when I described as Cyrill trying to cure the whip from the evils inside it, he may have been trying to cure the evil in the land using the whip.  I can't tell.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 06:12:41 PM »
This is fun but difficult to do.  I'll try the descriptions for Alucard, Richter, and Maria, just because I'm now addicted to this kind of translation.

Alucard:  A half vampire born of the union of Count Dracula and the human Lisa.  After reviving Dracula, he seals him with his own blood, and he then submerges himself.  He appears beautiful and silent, which contrasts with his powerful body, which he used to destroy Dracula and he fights forever. 

Richter:  He was once praised for being the strongest and his defeat of Dracula.  He is now ashamed of being controlled by Shaft and abandons his role as vampire hunter.  The holy vampire killer whip again responds to a dark power, so he again takes up the whip. 

Maria:  A girl who has the power of defeating demons by summoning the power of four holy animals.  She has fought twice in the past.  During the first time, she was twelve years old.  During the second, she was 17 and searching for the missing Richter at Dracula's Castle alone.  After Dracula was defeated again, she and Alucard acted together.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
Earlier, I was wondering what the statement about Alucard in Dawn of Sorrow that said "He took to sleep in 1476
after defeating his own father and awakened in 1797 to aid the Belmonts. He has sealed his own power to prevent Dracula's return."  I'm not sure if he sealed his power after the events of Symphony of the Night or as his part of Dracula's defeat in the battle of 1999.  It sounds from this audio drama that he sealed his powers to prevent dracula's resurrection after SoTN.  Sounds like something went wrong though.  He gets awoken too soon somehow, possibly going on the rampage?  I wonder if the audio drama will feature a resurrection of Dracula, or will the defeat of Alucard's seal on Dracula be part of the plot of Order of Ecclesia?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
This drama is likely to explain EXACTLY why the Belmonts can't touch the VK until 1999. It looks like it WASN'T just Richter's possession that was to blame, because Richter still has control over it. This drama will clear the air of the mystery we've all been wondering for some time, AND will likely lead right into the time of Order of Ecclesia.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 01:31:28 AM »
The more i read, the more i get exciting about this one!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 02:09:46 AM »
it WASN'T just Richter's possession that was to blame, because Richter still has control over it
so i doubt there was any need for the morrises yet, and as far as i know only belmonts were true heirs to the whip, with the morrises just borrowing it.

so my guess is, the cyril guy's probably a belmont. maybe richter's brother or something, since it seems he's only around 4-5 years younger than ric, but he's also called the leader of the clan and heir to the whip.

it could've been something like:

richter renounces his title as vampire hunter and the head of the belmont clan because he blames himself for his weakness in getting mind controlled by shaft. his brother/cousin/whatever, cyril, who was next in the line for the whip takes over the clan.

but richter, being the first son was possibly the only one who could use the whip to its full potential due to receieving the full training with the whip.

he might have felt guilty over what happened with shaft, so he wanted to reddeem himself, like soleil after belmont's revenge. the chance happened soon enough.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »
I wonder if we'll be able to listen to the drama easily over the net, or if we'll have to subscribe or something?  Too bad Google translation service doesn't do audio, yet...

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
I'd settle for transcripts. I really hope someone dedicates an online project to this.  :)

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »
does anyone know what the title of the drama is called?  google can't translate the picture logo.

mgfcortez

Re: SotN Radio Drama?
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »
sounds very cool but we'll never get to hear it  :'(
unless someone who knows japanese really good writes it all down after he hears it.
i'm hoping someone will be nice enough to help us out, but its a long shot :-\

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 02:40:55 AM »
What about Koutei? He is japanese and he could easily translate this thing for us, I s'pose.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »
They updated.  It's not really the first episode though.  It's just like an introduction to what's going on and who the characters are for those who don't know the CV story.  He also talks about some random stuff. Nothing to get too excited about.

Tags:

anything