Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SOTN Unity by Esco gets Christmas 2018 update  (Read 15991 times)

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
SOTN Unity by Esco gets Christmas 2018 update
« on: December 28, 2018, 07:49:29 PM »
https://youtu.be/5yTbAJUs2Dk

Esco gives an update to his Castlevania SOTN remix project in Unity.  Lots of new things to digest in this update.

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: SOTN Unity by Esco gets Christmas 2018 update
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 04:49:09 AM »
So much work and passion was put into this! It looks amazing!

I am not sure about the air combos. It could turn out good!

I want to see if the game will be a SotN Hack as it is written or it will be like a complete NEW game.

I hope for a new game.

If not we have to wait for Umbra of Sorrow for new game :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:38:42 AM »
I see everyone's favourite nuyorican™ has done some neat shit since last year. Can't wait for that demo.
I want to see if the game will be a SotN Hack as it is written or it will be like a complete NEW game.

I hope for a new game.

If not we have to wait for Umbra of Sorrow for new game :)
Actualy it's a game made in Unity, from scratch.
It used to be a hack of SotN about 10 years ago and there are still videos of that version of the hack.
Anyways, the name stuck when he moved it to Gamemaker and again when he moved it to Unity.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:46:10 AM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 05:48:04 AM »
I see everyone's favourite nuyorican™ has done some neat shit since last year. Can't wait for that demo.Actualy it's a game made in Unity, from scratch.
It used to be a hack of SotN about 10 years ago and there are still videos of that version of the hack.
Anyways, the name stuck when he moved it to Gamemaker and again when he moved it to Unity.

So the game is not going to be a better version of SotN with harder bosses and new movement engine? I know it is made from scratch but I was left with the impression that he will recreate the same Castle from SotN and only change it a little.

If that is NOT the case I will be very happy to play this masterpiece.

I only home Konami do not shut down such talents!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
The man's got talent, but his attitude here was very questionable. I'm surprised he hasn't been incarcerated into a psychiatric ward yet with all that he said on this forum.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »
The man's got talent, but his attitude here was very questionable. I'm surprised he hasn't been incarcerated into a psychiatric ward yet with all that he said on this forum.

So I have missed something here? He did something bad in these forums?

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »

So the game is not going to be a better version of SotN with harder bosses and new movement engine? I know it is made from scratch but I was left with the impression that he will recreate the same Castle from SotN and only change it a little.

If that is NOT the case I will be very happy to play this masterpiece.

I only hope Konami do not shut down such talents!
That's what the original hack was intended to be. But now that it's a fangame and not a hack he's making a lot of changes. All four characters(standard 3+axe armor) will have their own collectable weapons, subweapons, familiars and stories, there'll be combos, stages as opposed to an interconected castle(but he did say something about exploration so I'm assuming it's going to be like Rondo with selectable levels), new second castle as opposed to inverted castle... So a lot of changes.

Could you elaborate? I know he used to argue and threaten a lot and once made a new account just to make one fuck you CVDF post but don't know too much about it otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:26:19 PM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »
I know he used to argue and threaten a lot and once made a new account just to make one fuck you CVDF post but don't know too much about it otherwise.

This is exactly what he did before he was permanently banned as Esco. It escalated rather quickly too. He seemed fine even while he was first doing his SotN remake project here. But just a few days before he was banned his attitude took a serious nosedive. I honestly don't know what triggered it. He might have become to self-absorbed in his own ego. In my opinion he needs "help".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:40:23 AM by X »
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

better be careful there what you say about the new yorikan 4 life x

you and i both know face to face irl you'd be dead silent, especially with how fem you look, ta ta sweetie

So I have missed something here? He did something bad in these forums?
Could you elaborate? I know he used to argue and threaten a lot and once made a new account just to make one fuck you CVDF post but don't know too much about it otherwise.

depends, does throwing the exact wording i said just above this at jorge as well as threats of violence irl because jorge was doing his job and shutting his stupid shit down qualify as bad?

[THE UPDATE ITSELF]

oh boy alucard megaman zero, just what i always wanted

(it's actually not bad at all, but it IS just alucard handling like zero from X6 or any of the Z/ZX games--and frankly i stopped giving a shit about this project after he showed his ass as hard as he did the last time he got permabanned so unless he's calmed his tits and grown the fuck up a bit as nice as it might be i still can't entirely bring myself to care much)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:09:50 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »
Sorry D9 but your post just doesn't make sense  :-\

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 11:10:51 PM »
Sorry D9 but your post just doesn't make sense  :-\

makes complete sense if you were around for esco's last coup de grace

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 08:17:40 AM »
Still dunno if that's good or bad, sorry.

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »
He just keeps thinking of more and more stuff to add without ever giving a release date even for a simple demo.
I'm pretty sure this is never going to be finished.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »
I don't know anything about the guy personally, but the direction he's taking the game is very interesting. I've always felt like the Megaman Zero games pretty much nailed the fast-paced gameplay and I've personally always wanted to see similar game mechanics adopted in the Castlevania universe, so I'm very impressed. There aren't many CV fangames around these days, but the ones that I know of that are still in development all look very high quality.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:24:44 PM by ProjectDread »

Offline TheMeadTree

• Hunter in Training
  • Glie
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 04:33:42 PM »
Any critiques on the new animations?

Tags: