Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The latest Nintendo Direct (2013-01-23)  (Read 8246 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The latest Nintendo Direct (2013-01-23)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

Ha!  No one noticed last time. >.>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
Maybe I'll actually get through Wind Waker this time. For the love of the Three Goddesses I hope searching for Triforce pieces will be fun and not an awful chore.
"Stuff and things."

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »
What does this mean for the visual style of the new Wii U Zelda? In the Nintendo Direct, they said Wind Waker HD came out of experimenting with what kind of visual style they might want to do for Zelda Wii U. Since they decided to use it on Wind Waker, that makes me think they're going with a different look, no?

The new Wii U Zelda is said to be back to basics and open, like Zelda 1; however, it seems it will include some manner of co-op. Do they mean Spirit Tracks style, or MMO? I like the idea of opening up Zelda, but not the idea of making it super multiplayer focused.

Also, I wonder if Wind Waker HD will add back in features cut from the original, like the rumored extra dungeon for the blue pearl.

I never loved Wind Waker; though, it was ambitious in its own way. I was thinking of revisiting it soon, so this is a rather surprising announcement. Might this mean that Majora's Mask remake will be on 3DS?

The Yoshi Story sequel is really out of left field. I think it was more to the point of liking Kirby's Epic Yarn concepts, and then deciding to revisit them inside Yoshi's Story. Hmm...

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »
A Tales character is most likely gonna happen.
LLOYD'S OUR BOY! LLOYD'S OUR BOY!

If Lloyd really does end up in the new SSB, I'm preordering the game as soon as a release date is set. That and a few of the games here are finally initiative to get a Wii U.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
So what will the Wii U versions of VC games offer over the original? Just playing on the tablet instead of the TV? I can just transfer all my Wii VC games without paying anything, right? The games just won't have certain features?

The more I think about it, the more I wanna get a Wii U soon. The size of flash memory bothered me (32 gigs? really?), but I didn't know that Nintendo enabled for external HDD usage for games up to 2TB. Knowing that, I could just buy a 500GB external when I need it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »
+1
I have a drive I could use, but the Wii-U erases all partitions and pretty much hijacks the drive for its own use if you choose to use it for Wii-U.
So I'm gonna wait in that regard.

If you transfer your Wii VC titles to your Wii-U, then go to the Eshop and repurchase them, you get a ridiculous mark-DOWN (I think it's only 0.30-0.50USD), and you get the Off-TV play and the ability to launch right out of your Wii-U rather than having to go into your Wii, then go into your VC game or SDCard to get the games.

I think it's fair; you're not paying full-price for a game you already bought, and you're getting an optional feature/convenience.  You can choose not to do any of this and still play the VC titles off of the TV the normal Wii way.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »
Reads topic

I need a job  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything