Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ayami Kojima art of young Dracula assembling Frankenstein!?  (Read 6216 times)

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Ayami Kojima art of young Dracula assembling Frankenstein!?
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
found it randomly, looks like Ayami Kojima younger illustration of Dracula building Frankenstein don't u think?

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Ayami Kojima art of young Dracula assembling Frankenstein!?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
Victor Frankenstein and he's Creature. I think.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
found it randomly, looks like Ayami Kojima younger illustration of Dracula building Frankenstein don't u think?

Yeah that's supposed to be Victor I'm sure. Kojima is a brilliant artist but I don't think she pays too much attention to faces, particularly male faces. The anime style is so limited I think she just perfected what she wanted there and now concentrates on other things. But she can do faces really well outside the anime style. For example that monster is obviously Boris Karloff under Jack Pierce's iconic makeup. And I've seen (but can't find right now) a beautiful piece of fan art she did once with Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein and Karloff as the monster. Here's some other fanart for classic horror films (and the lost silent Lon Chaney Sr. whodunit "London After Midnight") for comparison though. http://rosebleue.tumblr.com/post/29513227093/ayami-kojima-fanarts-scan-from-santa-lilio

Also looking a bit at that same blog (found via google image search) http://rosebleue.tumblr.com/post/45276293545/nocturnediary-joachim-armster-alucard-and Joachim Armster cosplay. Huh, never thought I'd see that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:25:19 PM by Ratty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:58:37 AM »
Ayami really is fond of gothic horror themes.
I wish I had the book to know what was written in the caption (where the illustration was used).

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:26:03 AM »
The image above is of Victor Von Frankenstein assembling his creation. It's not Dracula. And since Ayami Kojima is obviously a classic horror buff then it's a safe bet she wouldn't make such a huge mistake like that.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
Wow what an exquisite art. When was that picture got published? Recently? Or its already published many years ago?

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
yeah its really cool, found it randomly in ayami kojima's santa lilio sangre artbook.

Tags: