Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Michael Bay's TMNT trailer released  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 01:51:35 AM »
why are they 9' tall?

lol, there's that, too. Considering the original comic Turtles were probably less than 5', this is pretty weird.

The designs are just bad overall. They look like poor fan art than something you'd see officially signed off on.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 04:37:24 AM »
why are they 9' tall?

Plus, they look black.
You know, like stereotypical Africans, only greener.  ;D

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 10:36:57 AM »
im not gonna say this is utter trash, and im not gonna say its good either. im neutral at this point, it is what it is

either way, it cant be half as bad as tmnt 3

It was a bad movie don't get me wrong. But I actually enjoy TMNT 3. If the animatronics hadn't been so down-graded I expect it would be held in much higher reguard generally. I loved the premise and cheesy humor as a kid. And as an adult fan of B movies it's still a lot of fun if you remember not to take it too seriously.

THIS on the other hand... well I expect a lot of people who grew up with the original turtles will be walking out of the theater saying "And I thought Turtles 3 was awful!" too bad it won't get a VHS release for the AVGN to cut in half with a katana. No way breaking a blu-ray could be as satisfying.

If you want something truly awful to compare this to, try the live action show. Which last I heard Laird was still denying exists.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:38:38 AM by Ratty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
Shredder got whitewashed. -_-

Jesus, how many more infamous iconic character is Hollywood going to 'whitewash'? Do they have some sort of neo-nazi,  Aryan superiority complex fetish going on now? First Khan and now Shredder? Who's next?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
hollywood changing the race of characters is nothing new

michael clark duncan (rip) played The Kingpin in Daredevil

laurence fishburne played perry white in Man of steel

michael b. jordan is gonna play the Human Torch in fantastic four reboot

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 04:54:03 AM »
So they're actually trying to make a serious movie out of this? You'd think even the title would have convinced them otherwise.

Jesus, how many more infamous iconic character is Hollywood going to 'whitewash'? Do they have some sort of neo-nazi,  Aryan superiority complex fetish going on now? First Khan and now Shredder? Who's next?
Nah, it's more of a particularity of the movie industry. There's just as much "blackwash" in Hollywood as there is "whitewash"; it's done either for talent management or for reboot purposes. Nothing too Nazi about it as far as I'm concerned.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
hollywood changing the race of characters is nothing new

michael clark duncan (rip) played The Kingpin in Daredevil

laurence fishburne played perry white in Man of steel

michael b. jordan is gonna play the Human Torch in fantastic four reboot

So they're actually trying to make a serious movie out of this? You'd think even the title would have convinced them otherwise.
Nah, it's more of a particularity of the movie industry. There's just as much "blackwash" in Hollywood as there is "whitewash"; it's done either for talent management or for reboot purposes. Nothing too Nazi about it as far as I'm concerned.

There's a big difference though. There are already hundreds of roles for white people in Hollywood movies every year. You'll notice very few for people of other races. So when a role originally intended for a non-white actor gets whitewashed it's pretty bad. Because not only are there a lot of talented non-white actors who don't get many chances to shine in big movies already and get even fewer thanks to this practice, but millions of people never get to see anyone who looks like them represented in Hollywood productions. You'd almost think non-whites didn't exist.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »
Looks like shit. Will not waste time and money going to see this.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: