Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I'm back, baby!...and sorta begging  (Read 6498 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
+1
みなさん、ただいま。。。

Hey, hi, hello there...I'm back. Aw, heck, I never really left - old Laina was always here in spirit, waiting, watching...lurking...and now I'm damn near close to menacing! Why you ask? Gather round children & I'll spin ye a yarn, a tale of woe & passion. Like, the kind of passion Bratz had for fashion...before Monster High toppled them anyway. But yeah, the tale will explain my "begging" part of my topic.

So, as you mayor may or may not know, I've been M.I.A. for a while. The reason for that is I'm finally back in college. Yay me, feelin' all self-actualized & shit. Anyway, that didn't make me drop off of the face of the earth, it just really ate into my screwing around time, which was a majority of my time spent here. What made me drop off of the face of the earth was my inability to pay the interwebs bill - cable companies aren't exactly known for their charity. Thankfully though, I'm to a point where that shouldn't be much of a problem...for a while anyway.

Now, the begging portion of my reintroduction thread...

So, you kooky kats remember how I said I'm back in college? Well, I'm kinda sorta set to go to Japan this fall for one whole year on my school's exchange program. That simply puts me over the moon - it's been a near lifelong dream of mine to travel to Japan & experience it firsthand. That's the great, passionate part. The woeful, begging part is this...I'm not exactly an heiress & travel to Japan ain't exactly in my budget. Guess airline companies have taken a page from the cable companies on their business model...but, I digress. In order to help ease some of the burden of the costs to get my pale bum to Japan, I've turned to Booster.com to maybe kinda sorta ask for some assistance without resorting to outright begging in the streets...or walking said streets...as a "working girl"...

Alright, back on point. If any of you care to do so, wander over to Booster.com (links to follow) & check my on-the-fly designs that used Booster's art exclusively, save the "超かわいい" saying - I made that text on my compy a little while ago. Like I said, they ain't great, but I didn't have a whole lot to work with & was a little frazzled as I worked. Check 'em out though if you're so inclined & if you're a big, sweet Georgia peach of person & purchase one, well, gosh, I think I love you.

*EDIT: I just sacked the t-shirt campaign & have moved onto a pure donation campaign model. Thank you to everyone who looked! Here's the donation campaign address: https://www.booster.com/japanexchangefund

Great to be back, Dungeon!

-Laina
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:38:27 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
お帰りライナちゃん!
Welcome back Laina!

I'm glad that you're back in college and is now planning on taking that exchange student program.
Wheee~! That brings back a lot of memories.
It is really expensive to go from the US to Japan. We all know airline companies charge a premium especially on those long haul flights.

I wish you all the best on your fundraiser!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:39:39 AM »
+1
Gesundheit!

Welcome back.  ;D

Also if I ever become a millionaire, I travel to Japan and buy all their good old school games.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 02:05:25 AM »
Welcome back Liana! I was wondering what had happened to you. Although having no personal internet access shouldn't have stopped you from signing in here. There are those internet cafes lying around the country after all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:49 AM »
Yaaaay, nice to see you again :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
Welcome back Liana! I was wondering what had happened to you. Although having no personal internet access shouldn't have stopped you from signing in here. There are those internet cafes lying around the country after all.

Yeah, no, not...not in my neck of the super boonies. Cafes, let alone ones of the internet variety, aren't a thing here. I mean, my school has some compies to use, but I was usually typing away on those with a paper or power point for class of some sort. Guess I still should've set aside time to come here though, huh? lol Sorry guys, when I get in a work rhythm it's hard for me to break it, or, if I do, then my work suffers.

But yes, thank you for the welcomes everyone. It's good to crouch in the shadows, breathing heavily through my teeth, peering at you & the supple flesh you inhabit whilst pawing at...it's nice to see you again.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:43:01 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
Cafes, let alone ones of the internet variety, aren't a thing here. I mean, my school has some compies to use, but I was usually typing away on those with a paper or power point for class of some sort. Guess I still should've set aside time to come here though, huh? lol Sorry guys, when I get in a work rhythm it's hard for me to break it, or, if I do, then my work suffers.

Well it's no biggie  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 10:58:58 PM »
<3 :3 <3
"Stuff and things."

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »
Good to have you back.

I've got my eye on that Great Wave off Kanagawa shirt, but it's telling me the Booster's on hold.  :-\

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
Good to have you back.

I've got my eye on that Great Wave off Kanagawa shirt, but it's telling me the Booster's on hold.  :-\

Yeah, apparently they never got the memo that it was cool to use my school's name in the campaign... -_- But I've pretty much abandoned the idea of anyone buying shirts for my cause - $20 a pop is a little steep I suppose. In the t-shirt campaign's stead however, I have made a straight forward donation campaign so people can give smaller amounts if they still wish to contribute. I think this is a much better campaign model. :3 Anyway, if anyone's interested, please check it out at:

https://www.booster.com/japanexchangefund

And infinite thanks to anyone that does donate. ^o~*
Groove is in the heart.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
+1
I don't think I've known you since I've been here, but welcome back anyway! Good luck to you as well! I'll check out your links when I'm in a better place to do so!

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
Yeah, I've been away for a while, so that's entirely possible. lol Herro! :3 Nice to meet you! And thanks for the well wishes & intentions to donate, it's very much appreciated. I can only run campaigns for one month at a time, but I'll just keep re-doing this one each time it ends until late July I suppose. Hopefully, I'll at least make enough for the first 2 months rent on my apartment & certain other fees associated with moving in. The amount I have listed would include all of that & my round-trip ticket there & back. I thought of just buying a one-way for now in order to save money & trying to save up while I'm over there, but since I'd be returning about a week before Christmas, my return ticket would be double the cost...not a possibility. -_-
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »
+1
Sent some. It's not much, but I'll be sending smaller amounts each check rather than a one-time large sum.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »
Sent some. It's not much, but I'll be sending smaller amounts each check rather than a one-time large sum.

I truly don't know what to say...thank you, Dracula 9, from the bottom of my heart & with every fiber of my being. If you need anything, let me know, sir. ありがとうございます!
*\(^o^)/*
Groove is in the heart.

Tags: