Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 110034 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »
Before Boss C, that was it. I was referring to the one that you had for Nosferatu awhile back. Loved it then, love it now. I actually got hit the first time I heard it in-game because I paused for a second. :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
+1
The Spanish translation of Pfil is awesome  :D :D :D

It gives to the game a real atmosphere improvement. I don't want too say to much because it's better when the player discover it. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I need about a month to make the next update.

I should have wrote  the default script that way. It was basically a mere pretext for an action game. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:09:35 AM by mig3 »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »
Thanks! I really appreciate that you like it!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Infinite Resignation

• Awards
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2013, 01:01:03 PM »
Mig, I'm a fan of your work from way back, I've played probably everything you've made. For awhile there I thought maybe you'd dropped off the face of the planet or retired from making games. I'm relieved to see your still doing it.

I share the love others here have for this masterpiece, it really is a work of art from top to bottom. I especially appreciate that the graphics were made at double your usual resolution, the results speak for themselves. Your games have a very arcade-like sensibility and for this one especially I'd go as far as to say that the atmosphere is even boldly cinematic at times. Did I mention I like the characters name and profession? I also thought the original title was fitting, but it's still the same game whatever name is used. Can I tell you that bees really freak me out? I mean, monsters I can handle, OK, but bees or wasps... Yeesh!

Incredible and unique visuals, game-play and play mechanics that make the character feel almost like an acrobat, well thought out level design, difficult but not too difficult, fantastic music... I recognize the ideas used here and you've made them your own, this is truly your game Mig.

For those here who aren't as familiar with his work, Mig has a tradition of putting in undocumented features in his games, Easter-eggs you might call them. I've actually found three already, but have a feeling there may be at least one more. The ones I've found aren't too exciting, but I thought I might mention it just the same. For anyone who might ask, I won't spoil anything so your on your own.

I enthusiastically look forward to your next collaboration.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
+1
Hi everybody  :)
thanks Infinite Resignation i've PM you ;)

I will soon release a major update. The progress is very good by i still need some time for all to be ok.
I think that will be the final update because i would like to spend time on other projects. ( Exept if i could make a japanese translation).

-Now the game has 4 languages  ENGLISH SPANISH FRENCH GERMAN

-You can choose your difficulty level:
Easy---  damages -40%  and more food
normal ;)
Hard........This is a TRUE challenge for the most skilled players------damages +40%  more monsters, less food and enhanced bosses patterns.   this mode really offers a "new game".

-Multiple ending system
The game has now 3 different endings depending of the difficulty selected
Easy--BAD ENDING
normal--AVERAGE ENDING
HARD--BEST ENDING
The endings are really different ( new graphics, pictures, scenario etc..).

-The boss rush mode
A very challenging mode where you have to fight the 16 bosses of the game.
When you beat a boss you will recover 30% of your life and sp bar.
Goodies here and there.
All the special skills can be used from start.
You've got ITEM CRASH level 3 from start.
150 hearts max from start.
Your SP and life bar increase with the boss level
A ranking system with a rank depending of difficulty selected,boss reached and time needed.

Some bugs corrected

A friendly thing added  ;D ---The red bones can now be annihilated with a PURE CROSS or HOLY CROSS attack.

I will post again once the game is ready.

Ps i'm looking for a japanese translator  ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »
Shiroi Koumori's your best bet, try asking if she's willing and not too busy.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
Hi everybody  :)
thanks Infinite Resignation i've PM you ;)

I will soon release a major update. The progress is very good by i still need some time for all to be ok.
I think that will be the final update because i would like to spend time on other projects. ( Exept if i could make a japanese translation).

-Now the game has 4 languages  ENGLISH SPANISH FRENCH GERMAN

-You can choose your difficulty level:
Easy---  damages -40%  and more food
normal ;)
Hard........This is a TRUE challenge for the most skilled players------damages +40%  more monsters, less food and enhanced bosses patterns.   this mode really offers a "new game".

-Multiple ending system
Easy--BAD ENDING
normal--AVERAGE ENDING
HARD--BEST ENDING
The endings are really different ( new graphics, pictures, scenario etc..).

-The boss rush mode
A very challenging mode where you have to fight the 16 bosses of the game.
When you beat a boss you will recover 30% of your life and sp bar.
Goodies here and there.
All the special skills can be used from start.
You've got ITEM CRASH level 3 from start.
150 hearts max from start.
Your SP and life bar increase with the boss level
A ranking system with a rank depending of difficulty selected,boss reached and time needed.

Some bugs corrected

A friendly thing added  ;D ---The red bones can now be annihilated with a PURE CROSS or HOLY CROSS attack.

I will post again once the game is ready.

Wow this is really impressive! You've been busy!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »
Wow! I'll say you've been busy too.

The only thing that's concerning to me and maybe a few others depending, is that you have the multiple endings tied to the difficulty. While it might not seem like a big issue there are just some people out there that won't be able to complete a hard game and therefore won't be able to see the best ending. I personally would have the endings tied to some other game mechanic instead. They could be anything too, for instance; you could have history books on the Lecarde Family or even the Belmont family scattered throughout the different stages of the game. These books can tell you bits and pieces of the history of the families. These books could be well hidden and the only way to get the best ending is to acquire them all. Another best ending idea is with regards as to how much time it takes you to finish the game. Like it was in Simon's Quest. But it's your choice in the end what you decide to do.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:00:31 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:41 AM »
I think mig has this set up right X. This games original difficulty was totally reasonable compared to other classic CV's. It makes sense to offer an incentive like better endings to players who put in the extra time and effort to beat the game on its harder settings.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
Oh wow, I'm going to have quite the weekend when this update comes out. I can't wait to see the changes on hard mode, plus the new ending.

BRING ON SKELETON FACTORY HARD MODE!
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
+2
I have sent a message to Shiroi Komori for the jap translation i hope it will be ok!  ; 8)

Well!

I already thought about the way that unlocks the different endings. There are lots of ways. I guess that a time based system for the main game will be too much "stress-inducing" for the player.

The books idea is really great!!! I keep it for sure for Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles II, wich will have more exploration and a map system like in SOTN. ;D
I'm not jocking, i will do that X.
But players will have to be patient because it will be a 2015 or most surely a 2016 release  ;)

My next game is a project with Jeffrey Montoya.

I think that the ending difficulty linked system will be sufficient for most of the players who want nothing but to finish the game.
I think too that a player who have finished the game in Easy will want to see the average ending. Also the ones who will finish the game in normal will for sure want to beat the game in hard mode.  ;)

I forgot to say!!!!!!! The boss rush mode is unlocked once the game is fulfilled in HARD MODE.
There is a trick to unlock it without even finishing the game but i want to keep it secret in the early days of the update.

There are more monsters in Hard mode it has a friendly effect....You will earn more hearts.
Enemies ( including bosses ) have the same HP so it will somehow balance the diificulty.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:32:55 PM by mig3 »

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
 ;D
I am extremely grateful that you put in the multiple difficulties and the Boss Rush. Now I can fight the bosses without spending 8 hours getting to the late game ones.

If you need help with any of the concept Ideas for Castlevania: The Lecarde Chronicles II, I'm sure most of us would be happy to be a sounding board.

The thing that really astonishes me has accomplished something that Konami has forgotten how to do: Create an original and unique experience that adds new ideas, but keeps the things we love intact. Whats more, Mig started and nearly finished it by himself. If he is serious about TLCII, I wish him the best of luck and will be happy to help anyway I can.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
It shouldn't be too much longer after this last update to CTLC before Mig and I give you guys a peak at The Rise of Castlevania!

We both have been burning the candle on both ends for this game. Mig has taken on many challenges with ROC and modified the CTLC engine to do many, many new things. More good things are ahead!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:19:40 PM by Jeffrey Montoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:30 PM »
+1
Hi!
I think that the game will be downloadable on November 3th or 4th. At worst on 5th I will post again once it's ok.
- Features added
-A new great song by Jeffrey Montoya ( In the boss rush mode )
- Sometimes enemies drop a ROSARIO, even bosses' helpers and bosses'fallen parts. Of course that will not occur every 5 enemies. It's quite rare but you will get for sure some DEUS EX MACHINA situations ;)
- The AIR FLOAT can be performed at anytime while you are airborne ( When you jump and when you drop). Previously it could only be performed while dropping. It's more technical now.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »
+2
Hi! The Update is ready. It can be downloaded in my page.
Overwrite all the former files or open a new folder.
You can use your former save file and select the language but your saved game will be set up in NORMAL DIFFICULTY.
Here is the  “new features” recap:
--Now the game has 4 languages  ENGLISH SPANISH FRENCH GERMAN
--You can choose your difficulty level: EASY, NORMAL, HARD.
---Multiple ending system
Easy--BAD ENDING
normal--AVERAGE ENDING
HARD--BEST ENDING

-The boss rush mode
-The red bones can now be annihilated with a PURE CROSS or HOLY CROSS attack.
-A new great song by Jeffrey Montoya ( In the boss rush mode )+ the unused song.
- Sometimes enemies drop a ROSARIO, even bosses' helpers and bosses'fallen parts.
- The AIR FLOAT can be performed at anytime while you are airborne ( When you jump and when you drop). Previously it could only be performed while dropping. It's more technical now.
-The puppet Master’s lances could appear an unfair way. I have removed 2 of the 6 lances.
-Some bugs corrected ( The golem dying animation was bugged if you crushed him before he engaged his “few HP” stance. Etc..)
-I have enhanced the whip's collision system. It can now strike things that are within your character's sprite ( good for striking candles while you're right on them ).Also the "slash animation" part ( the one before the whip is spread in front of you ) can now touch. Very useful for some annoying enemies.

I have tried the game in hard difficulty. It’s possible and fair. Nevertheless in this mode the player cannot for sure use the strategy”I’m out of control but it will be OK with some luck” ;).
I need some rest now ;)

Thanks to everybody that was involved in the update.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:48:49 PM by mig3 »

Tags:

anything