Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 29447 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 03:37:40 AM »
We still play 3.5 here.

God bless you, sir.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »

We still play 3.5 here.

Hells yeah! 3.high5
Pathfinder from Paizo (the unofficial D&D 3.75) is supposed to be really good to but haven't tried it.
5th edition is apparently going to be a giant mass of different optional modular rules you can pick and choose from.
I heard that WotC once made the claim they plan for 5th to be compatible with all D&D flatbooks all the way back to 1st edition which really I'll believe it when I see it.

I kinda want to DM a Ravenloft game (I've got the 3.0 setting guide and a couple of the flatbooks) but all I know about DMing is what I've learned from watching Spoony's Counter Monkey episodes lol.

Also related-
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:26:17 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 06:41:34 AM »
God bless you, sir.
Amem, you too my dear.

Hells yeah! 3.high5
Pathfinder from Paizo (the unofficial D&D 3.75) is supposed to be really good to but haven't tried it.
5th edition is apparently going to be a giant mass of different optional modular rules you can pick and choose from.
I heard that WotC once made the claim they plan for 5th to be compatible with all D&D flatbooks all the way back to 1st edition which really I'll believe it when I see it.

I will only believe in that when I see it too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
I much prefer to play second edition D&D as Third edition is way too needlessly complex. With second edition you can quickly draw up a character sheet and begin the adventure. But with third edition you have to take your time and fill out all those little boxes, scan through all the books just to help you fill out those little boxes and before you know it an hour or more goes by. Time with which you could have already been playing the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:31 AM »
I much prefer to play second edition D&D as Third edition is way too needlessly complex. With second edition you can quickly draw up a character sheet and begin the adventure. But with third edition you have to take your time and fill out all those little boxes, scan through all the books just to help you fill out those little boxes and before you know it an hour or more goes by. Time with which you could have already been playing the game.

I would love to try my hand at a second edition game but it's very difficult to find someone running them, not to mention the books. It's strange that you say it's less complex than 3rd. I've always heard people say that it was more complex. And that they changed the rules in a lot of convoluted ways for each setting, but I guess that's not such a big deal for a homebrew game only utilizing the core books?

PS- We're kind of derailing this topic so I'll make a new one.  http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,5790.msg124640.html#msg124640
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:12:38 AM by Ratty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »
Bringing things back to topic,

Reading this web comic makes me smile all the time.
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 03:34:10 AM »

I think it's as the Whovians like to say-"You never forget your first Dr.", only in this instance it's "your first D&D edition". I started on 3.5 & that's what I fell in love with.

Back on topic as Shiroi said-anybody had those new Poptarts Minis yet? Delicious.
Groove is in the heart.

Lone Wolf

Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2013, 03:41:09 AM »
THIS makes me happy:

Holocaust - mount thunder

This is a master piece! :D

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:35 AM »
Im happy when police officers need my help, reprogramming radios and all!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »
Im happy when I see something funny or when someone give me a little of attention (not too much, only a little), I think its because I dont have siblings and Im away from my friends now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:10:06 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:06 AM »
I'm happy whenever i have a steak dinner!

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2013, 04:32:08 AM »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »
That was funny and desturbing in a good way all at the same time. I liked it when they put the old man down  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
Vengaboys - We like to Party! (The Vengabus)

Gotta admit they kinda suck at musical variety. But this song is hilarious.
Vengaboys - Cheekah Bow Bow (That Computer Song)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:32:30 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
Stationery stores make me happy. All those nice papers, pens, coloring materials.... Even if i dont buy anything i am happy.

Tags:

anything