Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nathan Graves Vs. Soma Cruz  (Read 13738 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
+1
Somacula used a big-ass axe though. You can't swing that and be fat and lazy.

I know because I am fat and lazy and could not swing an immense axe.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Nathan Graves Vs. Soma Cruz
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
It really depends.  Beginning Nathan vs. Beginning Soma: Nathan wins due to the fact that he is a trained warrior whereas Soma has few, if any,  and no experience.  Late-Game Nathan vs. Late-Game Soma (not the Dark Lord): it a toss up.  Nathan has the training and the DSS.  Soma has a lot of abilities from the souls he's absorbed.  Nathan has the Unicorn+Pluto combo which makes him invincible, but it eats up a lot of power that takes time to regenerate.  If Soma has the Chaos Ring, he will have an infinite supply of power.  If Soma doesn't have the ring, Nathan should have a slight advantage even if they both run out of power.  If Soma has the ring, he will have the advantage.  Especially, if we are talking about AoS Soma who can heal himself.  Infinite supply of magic+the ability to self heal = advantage Soma.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:19 AM »
Soma never did that to Julius so I highly doubt he'd do it to Nathan.

I could be wrong but I think there is a DSS spell that makes Nathan completely invincible to enemy attacks, no matter what they are.

pluto and unicorn makes him invincible for like 20 seconds... he can survive any attack! and i think that Nathan had a run at 'Somacula' so long as he has room for slide tackles ;D
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
It really depends.  Beginning Nathan vs. Beginning Soma: Nathan wins due to the fact that he is a trained warrior whereas Soma has few, if any,  and no experience.  Late-Game Nathan vs. Late-Game Soma (not the Dark Lord): it a toss up.  Nathan has the training and the DSS.  Soma has a lot of abilities from the souls he's absorbed.  Nathan has the Unicorn+Pluto combo which makes him invincible, but it eats up a lot of power that takes time to regenerate.  If Soma has the Chaos Ring, he will have an infinite supply of power.  If Soma doesn't have the ring, Nathan should have a slight advantage even if they both run out of power.  If Soma has the ring, he will have the advantage.  Especially, if we are talking about AoS Soma who can heal himself.  Infinite supply of magic+the ability to self heal = advantage Soma.
i agree with that. AoS era Soma would be work for Nathan. But bone throwing nathan can get him in one blow, no matter how fast he can heal.... 9999 damage is insta-kill
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Hypocrates

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 07:08:12 PM »
To be fair, if Nathan is bone throwing, Soma could get him in one hit, too.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »
I've seen Soma throw bones too but they are nowhere near as powerful as Nathan's, even if Soma was at his max level of 99. The DSS system wasn't exactly hammered out as Soma's soul gimmick was.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 05:14:23 AM »
I've seen Soma throw bones too but they are nowhere near as powerful as Nathan's, even if Soma was at his max level of 99. The DSS system wasn't exactly hammered out as Soma's soul gimmick was.
I would give Soma the upper hand if they were using pistols... unless Nathan is mid-tackle; he definitely becomes projectile at that point ;)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: