Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Find that Belmont!  (Read 1975 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
While watching Ghostbusters 2, I wanted to learn more about New York's old Pneumatic transit system. While reading the article about the later subway transit system currently in operation (Interborough Rapid Transit Company) I came upon a name and pic of the architect:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mlPoGU4VqSk/TFwmikE_Y2I/AAAAAAAAHtQ/4ZHn97FzxZs/s1600/august.jpg

His name is August Belmont Jr.

This also harks back to that forum we posted about CV bloodlines and just who many Belmonts there were in the world at that time or later. If you guys can find more people with the sir name Belmont then post'em here! Let's see if we can find Julius Belmont's bloodline.

-X

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »
Dracula should worry. (I also known someone called Belmont, but he was a true a*****e :D)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:17:01 AM »
A couple of years ago I watched Ghostbusters 2 and after watching the movie decided to seek out info about Vigo the Carpathian, the tyrant, wizard, and villain in the movie. Apparently I was foolish to do so, as Viggo the Carpathian was a fictional character.   
However, it's not hard to guess which historic character provided the inspiration for him, as he bears much similarity to Vlad Tepes of Wallachia.

As for cool "Belmont relatives", you've got Jean-Paul Belmondo, a famous French movie star.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything