Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spriting Lessons  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:23 AM »
 Since Im only able to edit sprites and it sometimes doesnt even are good in the end, I decided to ask if someone talented and with free time can explain here a step-by-step how you can create or edit a sprite. I know that each person have a specific method to draw and Im curious about that, I dont know if others persons here are interested tough, but giving some hints like what program you prefer, from where you begin, what is your base and things like that can help.  :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
Rather then moving onto the sprite why not try animating a running stick figure? I know this may sound stupid but it might be just what you need to get know the sprinting animations and how they work. Then you could (in theory) build your sprite around it. I've rarely ever custom-sprited so I have no real expertise in this matter.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »
 That idea is good for training, you can even know from that how many frames you will need to the animation be fluid, but I wanted to see some people showing examples of how their work to do a CV sprite xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: sprite tutorial lesson step