Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wheel of Time discussion, yep I'm bored.  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:49:28 PM »
Just a topic to talk about the books... moving from one question to the next would work..... and I'm interested in how many people are reading it ont his board.

Spoilers galore, of course.

In book 2, At the near endof the book when Rand goes to the Lord's Manor and opens the waygate, the black wind is waiting for him. It happens again when he goes to the steading one. Why do you think it happened? Because hes a Tav

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Wheel of Time discussion, yep I'm bored.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »
I've read the first three books.  They're interesting, but I don't want to read the whole series until the last book has been published.  With all the different names and terms, I think the series needs to be read straight through.  Any significant breaks between books will leave characters and events forgotten, and I'm not about to read 12 books that are each 400+ pages just to forget it all by the time the last book is published.  (Cast in point:  I can barely understand the questions asked in the first post, because I've forgotten what all that stuff is.)  At this rate, Robert Jordan is going to die before finishing the thing off, which will leave thousands of rabid fans up in arms.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
Robert Jordan died last year >.>

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »
Are you serious?  Did he even finish the series???

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »
No, but he left behind notes in case he dies, so that someone else can write it. Its being written by someone else... the name's on wikipedia, if you want to check.

Tags: