Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: a New Castlevania Plot Idea  (Read 3316 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »
+1
Romania 1939,
World War 2 is in Full Scale, Romania has sided with the Axis. A small platoon of American planes were shot down mysteriously in a failed bombing mission, It seemed that the Nazis were holding front in an old Castle, One Pilot survives and has rendezvous with a small resistance contraband, as they enter the castle, they noticed the Nazi Party had been completely wiped out, and it felt as if the castle were alive... The Pilot and the Resistance made up of a Pale man, a woman, and a man with noticeably long nails. The main hall comes to life as a silhouette passes, One of the Nazi Generals was revealed to be a Vampire, and worse, working to resurrect the lord of this Castle.
"How unfortunate, American to get caught up in our affairs, I would like to know your name before you meet your end..."
The American smirks, "I'm not afraid of ghosts or Vampires... The name's Belmont, and you wished I was killed on that plane"

Still needs work and this is 0.5 Draft....

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »
Sounds better then PoR's story already. You've given the WW2 setting more paramount importance then even IGA was able to.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:24 AM »
I agree. The only thing I have a critique of is the use of Belmont for the main character. It makes a bit fanfic-y to use a Belmont in an era established to be of Belmont vampire hunters. I'd go with Morris instead. That is of course unless you intend for this to be an alternate reality specifically. Otherwise it sounds great.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »
Actually he can still use a Belmont for the role. He just wouldn't have the Vampirekiller with him. Just because the Morris clan are now the caretakers of the whip until 1999 doesn't mean that the Belmonts are out of action till then. Quite the opposite I would say. Besides there are other awesome whip weapons that he could be armed with, such as the 'Undead killer' featured in PoR. Though not as strong as the vampirekiller itself,the undead killer is still a potent weapon against the undead. There of course other weapons that he could have access to as well;

-Thorn whip
-Flame whip
-Nebula whip
-Chain whip
-Steel whip
-previously mentioned undead killer whip
-Medusa whip
-Jet Black whip

And who knows? Maybe KaZ could even invent other types of whips for his Belmont character to utilize.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
I was thinking for the Protag either be a Belmont from a New Timeline, Belmont without VK (which seems most cool), Morris' relative.

The Nazis have always had either the Paranormal or even Alien conspiracies on them, I wanna kinda explore that as well as a few creative action sequences such as a tower of the castle has a plane crashed in it, and climbing in and using the mounted machine gun to mow a few Baddies

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »
Perhaps you should set the story a bit later, around 1942-1943, since 1939 was just the beginning of the war and Romania was still not allied with Germany. Also, the Americans didn't join the war until Pearl Harbor and Romania was not bombed until 1943. Also consider having the Nazi plot to resurrect Dracula part of a German plan to regain advantage in the Soviet front and crush the Brits. Sound like cool ideas.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:49:45 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 05:20:12 AM »
I like where the ideas are heading, but I also wouldn't a Belmont for the main character. You could use a Belmont for a secondary character much like how Maria was to Alucard in SOTN. Maybe the Belmont becomes unlockable after defeating the game.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 06:11:35 AM »
Sounds better then PoR's story already. You've given the WW2 setting more paramount importance then even IGA was able to.

Which is understandable, since IGA is Japanese and was largely trying to make the series appeal to a young Japanese audience. In retrospect even setting PoR during WW2 was kind of risky in that regard. But I suppose if you want a generational sequel to a game taking place in WW1, some 20 odd years before (with 18 apparently being the upper reaches of acceptable mainstream protagonists in Japan these days) you don't have much choice.

Anyway, interesting story idea. Though when I think of Dracula + Nazis I envision Hellsing. But a scenario like you propose would answer the nagging question of how in the world the able-bodied male protagonist avoided getting drafted.  ;D "Sorry Sirs, I'm a conscientious objector- to vampirism!" Maybe Jonathan was part of the occult division of the coast guard?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:19:16 AM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything