Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Edit) IRC channel is still live, just barely  (Read 15170 times)

Lone Wolf

Re: I noticed that we lack an IRC channel for this forum.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
I don't get it. What is it about the IRC thing? :|

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
It's pretty much "The Castlevania Dungeon Live!"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
You talk about butts in there.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53:10 PM »
It's pretty much "The Castlevania Dungeon Live!"

Oh, i get it. But what is it for?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
butt talking.

What else would we talk about?

Lone Wolf

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »
Oooh, i get it. It's more or less like a shoutbox, right? Yeah, it's great!
I think it's a great idea! I noticed the forums don't have any shoutboxes... :/
I agree it. ^^
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:39:26 PM by Lone Wolf »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Umm... yeah I guess it is like a shoutbox.
But no, it would not be part of the forum.  It would be on a separate page (on a browser) or you would need a program (if on a computer) or an app (if on a phone) to access it.

I thought about adding an actual shoutbox, but then that would also need moderating and I think it would cut down on discussions in the forum.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Lone Wolf

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
+1
Umm... yeah I guess it is like a shoutbox.
But no, it would not be part of the forum.  It would be on a separate page (on a browser) or you would need a program (if on a computer) or an app (if on a phone) to access it.

I thought about adding an actual shoutbox, but then that would also need moderating and I think it would cut down on discussions in the forum.

Yeah... I know what you mean. I think it quite seems like Chatzy, then.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 06:10:34 AM »
Looks like we're gonna do the IRC thing again.
Stay tuned for more news.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »
My apologies everyone, I will get on setting up the IRC Channel.

Edit: #cvdungeon on irc.ircnode.org is live! We are currently looking for potential channel operators, if you're interested please PM Jorge D. Fuentes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:07:48 AM by FireSeraphim »

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Re: (Edit) IRC channel is live, check latest post for details
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »
I may have oversimplified things a bit, so I'm going to have to ask those who are interested in irc moderating to state their qualifications in their PMs to poor ol' Jorge and me and their reasons as to why they think they would be a good IRC moderator. We will be deciding who will be an irc moderator based on their qualifications, their overall maturity in the community and their reasons.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
irc.ircnode.org

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one access the page? I entered the link but no idea what to do next. Tried to access once and then was for some reason forbidden. Are you supposed to download anything, sign up, any of that crap?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 12:03:01 PM »
@mooning freddy: What Internet browser are you using? if you're using chrome it should send you to a barebones IRC interface with a name input screen.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »
@mooning freddy: What Internet browser are you using? if you're using chrome it should send you to a barebones IRC interface with a name input screen.

Firefox.
It did. I tried to enter the channel  #cvdungeon and a random name then it friggin blocked me. Am I supposed to enter any specific name to access the chat?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »
No.... Strange, I'll have a word with the administrators. First of all what is your IP address? I think you might be a victim of a ranged ban against someone else.

Tags: IRC