Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RIP "Chespirito" Roberto Gomez Bolaños  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »
http://www.latintimes.com/roberto-gomez-bolanos-chespirito-dies-mexican-legend-dead-85-heart-failure-169736

Roberto Gomez Bolaños, beloved Mexican comedian (basically the equivalent of Charlie Chaplin or Harold Lloyd) has passed away, at 85.
He will leave us with many many hours of slapstick videotape.

Thank you for all the laughs, "Chespirito"!

"Those who are good... Follow me!"
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: RIP "Chespirito" Roberto Gomez Bolaños
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
Rest in peace, interesting that Im seeing people from the Dungeon that know him, because here in Brazil they air "El Chavo del 8" almost everyday, since... Who know. I remember watching it when I was 3, now Im 23. They aired Chapolin also.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
I (regretfully) have never seen any of his performances, but I know of his legacy.

Despite my ignorance, comedy's lost a legend. Descanse en paz.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:05:53 AM »
I never knew his name however his face definitely rings a bell. I might have seen him on TV years ago though I can't be sure.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »
In the Simpsons, the spanish character that wears the Bee suit and has his comedy program (known as "Bumblebee Man" on the searches), is based on Chespirito's "Chapulin Colorado" character.

Bumblebee Man

The Simpsons - Bart Gets Famous - Tidal Wave in Kuala Lumpur
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:20:20 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

anything