Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119266 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »
8 Fast 8 Furious?

Edit: Should've been "F8 of the Furious"

Yeah. that one.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: April 16, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
Watched "Tetsuo: The Iron Man". A surrealist Japanese horror movie.
Much more weird than plain scary, it can definitely be compared to Lynch's Eraserhead.
Only that in Tsukamoto's film, the surreal artistic nature of the film is definitely a parody of the fear of industrial excess.
Also, I noticed that the classic "man transform into *some fucked-up thing*" story the transformation process seems to be the scariest part.
When it is complete, it's no longer scary. I wonder why this is the case. I guess it's got something to do with a "it can't get any worse than this" element?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
I've finally gotten round to watching the Assassin's Creed movie.  It's more style heavily outweighing the substance, and is very pretty and looks right, but lacks much in terms of the story, with a ridiculous amount of credits runtime in comparison to the film's length.  I'd have liked more stuff about Aguilar and Maria.  There were some nice easter eggs though throughout. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »
Yeah. that one.
My partner and I were tempted to see that or Beauty and the Beast when we had a week off, but we couldn't decide. Then I went home and did our own thing and I played Zelda ;P
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2017, 01:46:19 AM »
Watched Kevin Smith's classic "Chasing Amy". Now that I'm old enough to be able to appreciate it, I must say it's possibly Smith's most mature and interesting movie. When you're used to the silliness of his other movies, a romance movie seems a bit misplaced; but in fact, the film is more relevant than ever. Unlike Smith's rather simplistic themes, Chasing Amy explores complex themes of sexuality, identity and love. It's not your standard French romance comedy. It's realistic, and the characters are colorful.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2017, 11:47:28 PM »
The Thing. Jesus H Christ, that movie was a little too intense for me. I really, REALLY, felt sorry for the dogs. Especially the dog that was the first victim. Getting sprayed by the creature then consumed. An old film from the early 80's but still a brutal one at that. Poor dogs  :'(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2017, 11:14:37 AM »
The Thing remains my favorite horror film. I love how Morricone composed the music, but it was under the guidance/suggestion of Carpenter, so it basically sounds like a Carpenter score (since he wasn't allowed by the producers to compose it, for some odd reason, because his role was "director" and nothing more).

Last night, I watched Final Exam for the first time. I really enjoy cheeseball '80s slashers, but this one was a little too dull for my tastes. When watching a slasher, you expect two things: kills and boobs. Aside from a quick double-kill at the very beginning, you don't see anything else exploitative until the one-hour mark. Things kinda pick up there for the final half-hour, but it's not enough to make it good. The movie spent a lot of time on character drama and humor, but aside from one character (Radish), the characters are extremely one-dimensional, even less so than numerous vapid characters in other slashers who are mostly there to show skin and die.

But earlier in the evening, I rewatched The Burning, and that's a mostly stellar slasher aside from the somewhat plodding last act.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2017, 12:30:47 PM »
The Thing. Jesus H Christ, that movie was a little too intense for me. I really, REALLY, felt sorry for the dogs. Especially the dog that was the first victim. Getting sprayed by the creature then consumed. An old film from the early 80's but still a brutal one at that. Poor dogs  :'(
The thing ( especially compared to it's remake), is the #1 prime example of why practical effects will always top CGI.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
Wonder Woman was awesome.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »
i saw logan, it was pretty good.  my girlfriend gets wayyy too emotional at movies.
seems like marvel made it just to sandbag the fuck out of any future x-men movie made by fox, though.

Tags:

anything