Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Routersssssssssssz  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Routersssssssssssz
« on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:44 AM »
Long time no see. Very long time.
Anyway. I am at school and my router doesn't allow my ps3 to go online. We have to download xpressconnect with our computers and then we can get on but xpressconnect allows you to download it on windows, mac, ipod/ipad/etc., ibuntu and I think that is it. What is the ps3 operating system? Is there a way around this? Thanks guys.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:16:26 PM »
If you have Windows, you might wanna use Internet Connection Sharing with a laptop.
Usually laptops have a LAN port as well as a WiFi port.  Connect the PS3 to the laptop's LAN port, and connect the PC to the internet using WiFi.  Configure your LAN connection on your PC to become shared by going to the network properties.

And presto!  Your PS3 will tunnel through your laptop's LAN port and through your laptop's WiFi to go online.

Bad news is, your laptop needs to be on in order for it to work (so no hibernation).

If you use a desktop you'll need to have two LAN ports (so either a USB LAN adapter or a second Network Card would be needed).

That's the easier answer, I guess.
Also works with X360.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Routersssssssssssz
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:12 AM »
I have a mac and figured out how to do all of that. The one problem is that the connection test for the ps3 immediately fails because it can't obtain an IP address. Is there a way to fix this?
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
If you're in a college dorm, there's a chance the network admins disabled that particular address.
You might wanna talk to your IT department.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:02:57 AM »
Yes, I guess that is my only option. The problem is the damn secretaries don't know anything so all they say is "We don't support that..." in such a confused tone that even if you didn't know already that they were brainless you would be able to hear that they were unsure of what they were saying.
Thanks for the help.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
Not likely actually, Jorge. If you're doing network sharing from a laptop, it should be getting an address DHCP style through the laptop, and not through the network the laptop is plugged into. It should be NAT'ing it out to the PS3. In other words it s not getting a specific address on the IT's side, it is going through the laptop. It's likely some other error is occurring, or there is an incompatibility between the PS3 and Mac. Mac sucks anyway, so it's not out of the question.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »
Yeah... sorry to say, but I never had problems doing network sharing the way I just described, but I always have used good ol' fashioned PC's for it.  I've no idea what the Mac may be doing to mess up something as simple as Internet Connection Sharing.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
I think the sharing doesn't work because of whatever my school has set up. I eventually called Time Warner Cable and they said two routers in my school were on the same account # and mine was not getting a signal. They reset it over the phone and now it works so I can use my ps3 , wii, and psp finally.

Tags: