Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274190 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
Ha WarMachine, my excellent dude. You do whatever the hell you want to do. This is your game. I was merely expressing an opinion, not a request. You should do the things YOU want. Let the fans bicker among themselves. You don't have to accommodate anyone. We will play your game and love it no matter what. Medium difficulty or legendary :) Keep it up dude, all the best.
hahaha thanks SabinFigaro 8) it doesnt bother me a bit man, im glad that I get all the input that I get, all I can do is garuntee that thanks to all of us this will be a game that all cv fans can enjoy and play over and over again  ;D  thanks for your vote of confidence dude! As always its greatly appreciated!! Just a quick update, im refining the controls now and im up to the ghost ship now  ;D not jinxing myself, but lets just say its going fast....REALLY fast! Ill make sure to keep you guys updated with the latest. And Sabin, thanks again man!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #451 on: April 19, 2014, 08:16:06 AM »
Sorry its been a couple of days guys, ive been trying to kick this sickness thats going around the house lol I still feel like hell but im going to do my best to deal with it and keep working on the game  8) the contorls are almost 100% ready, I will have it all finshed up in about the next half hour to 45 minutes. Kaonstantine is back at it again and has hooked me up with grants attack animation, do he'll only have a few things left until hes completed. Once I get the controls together ill be working on the 3 support characters intro stages. After that all is left is to code grant when hes done and the game will be going out to beta testers! ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
Hey guys, just letting you know the sickness didnt kill me lmao, and.....  ive got syphas prologue stage comoleted! There is a glitch on her death sequence so ill be tackling that next. Also, kaonstantine is almost complete with Grants sprites, just a few more left. So in the meantime, ill be working on Alucards prologue stage. The next few updates should play to the tune of "the game is being beta tested", its that close folks!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
+1
Keep it going man, keep it going! *Thumbs up*  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
Keep it going man, keep it going! *Thumbs up*  8)
thanks brother X! You KNOW it man! Lol

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #455 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
we will be able to have a support character like in the original, right?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
we will be able to have a support character like in the original, right?
Hi julianbemontxx1, absolutely!  it wouldn't be a true CVIII remake without all the playable characters! 8) I am staying true to the original but just as much so i am customizing a lot of things along the way as well.  One thing worth noting is that unlike the original, you will be playing each stage one right after the other, this will allow you to have all the characters by the end of the game and also, you will be able to switch between characters as you like, no leaving anyone behind in this one!  I don't want to give to much away (for obvious reasons im sure most of you have figured out why.......) but let's just say it won't just be a breeze being able to use all characters all the time.  It wont be much longer before the game goes out for beta testing, im already at 12+ now and it will grow MUCH larger than that from me promoting this on a guitar forum i belong to, so make sure to check back as much as possible!  Last night i completed Sypha's Prologue and now im making the layout and setup of Alucard's Prologue.  Hopefully by the time i get it ready my bud Kaonstantine will be ready to roll with Grant and i can work on him.  Right now grant's going to take the most time because i haven't got to start coding anything on him yet, but it wont be a chore at all!  Make sure to check back as often as possible for the next updates!

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
then we won´t be able to select the road we want to take to arrive the castle?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
Nah, not with that setup.  Otherwise you will pass up a few of the characters along the way.  It was a really tough call to make, the main thing i was fighting with was if i would want the players to back track and select the alternate route, but i could see that getting really, REALLY boring and very quickly as well.  I just look at it as how would i like to see this game remade if i wasn't doing it ya know?  but trust me when i tell you, in going this route, i have made a very VERY special ending to the game that really makes the ending as climactic as the game itself is.  As much as i love the original, i really felt at the end that there should have been more to Dracula, i mean sure he has 3 forms but i remember being a kid screaming at the TV getting beaten by the cyclops until i found that sweetspot to keep from getting hit lol.  Then i get to Dracula and think, "really, that's it??"  I assure you that everyone is in for a real treat with how this unfolds, im not reinventing the wheel david cox style, but enough to really catch you off guard, just when you think that you know exactly whats coming next  ;D i wanted to do something that made people feel like i did the first time i played through SOTN with the holy glasses, i saw that reverse castle and was like HUWATDAFUK????? lol, it was so cool that a game i loved so much still had ways to surprise me.  I want to be able to give all us fans that same feeling again in my game also  8)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:26:21 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #459 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
+1
Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse - Sypha Prologue

New gameplay preview by BMC_Warmachine!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
Holy crap... Sypha looks... horrible. That swing... ugh. Looks like she's waving a magic wand.
Spell looks... pretty cool, but not very well angled. Too much upward and not enough in the other direction.

But that staff attack while kneeling down looks nice though.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
Holy crap...Sypha looks....like a custom Sypha that has been very creatively remade by someone that wasnt involved with the game when it started. She was made by a fan, not by a high paid, konami artist like yourseld.  Lets be real for a minute, thats pretty shitty to say man. I understand that people are going to love or hate this, that magical thing called an opinion. Im cool with that. But im not at all cool with someone coming on this thread and slamming hard work and dedication when I see none from people like you who like to bitch about it. Please, if you feel the need to enlighten someone with shitty responses, waste yours and everyone elses time someplace else.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »
+1
Holy crap...Sypha looks....like a custom Sypha that has been very creatively remade by someone that wasnt involved with the game when it started. She was made by a fan, not by a high paid, konami artist like yourseld.  Lets be real for a minute, thats pretty shitty to say man. I understand that people are going to love or hate this, that magical thing called an opinion. Im cool with that. But im not at all cool with someone coming on this thread and slamming hard work and dedication when I see none from people like you who like to bitch about it. Please, if you feel the need to enlighten someone with shitty responses, waste yours and everyone elses time someplace else.
What he said. Constructive criticism please...remember one bad apple could ruin it for everyone.

Don't forget Warmachine and other's (myself included) are doing fan-game's like this for free for everyone's enjoyment. It's not a easy task at all so unless you can prove to do something better or prove your are the superior artist or game designer watch the comments!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:42:55 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »
+2
Even though I agree with the general opinion of Warmachine and Darkman, there are some things though I'd like to point out; Note: I'm not the holder of true justice and avatar of righteousness. These are my two cents only.

What he said. Constructive criticism please...remember one bad apple could ruin it for everyone.

Agree in full. However we must always pay attention to one important thing: Interpretation. Sometimes, someone didn't mean to be a "dick", but we still see it that way. I'm not saying this was the case, though. But take a stroll on Deviant Art and you will see constructive criticism being treated as murder threats.

Don't forget Warmachine and other's (myself included) are doing fan-game's like this for free for everyone's enjoyment. It's not a easy task at all so unless you can prove to do something better or prove your are the superior artist or game designer watch the comments!

Two things:

-Making things for free means nothing when it comes to quality. Quality and the products "price" are two separate, very different things. When a work has bad quality, but it's free, it still has bad quality and anyone can point it out. Being free doesn't provide something with a criticism-proof armor.

-So, because one is not a designer or superior artist, one cannot give any opinion or make any criticism? This is not good nor correct. One can criticize as long as one has a comparative point and a good analytical mind. One's personal skill on the subject says nothing about his ability to criticize said subject.

That all said my opinion on Sypha:

It looks absolutelly fantastic. And that's the major problem for me. She looks like she has more frames for everything in comparison to Trevor, Alucard and the enemies. She looks *too* fluid.

Even though the work on her has been done with professional prowess, she stands a bit too much from the crowd.
But no way in hell I'd like to see this gorgeous sprite removed from the game.

About her movimentation, I liked it. Feels like Castlevania, as it should be.

Very good work guys!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #464 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
+1
The only thing I dislike about Sypha is that "Ahhhhhh" at every cast, other than that Awesome work!

Also, try to cut down on the bombarding amounts of enemies, the first section seemed to have too many to keep up with.

Great work overall, look forward to seeing another videos

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything