Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821091 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
Rayman looks like shit on the 3DS. I don't know why, just play the demo and compare it to ANY version out there. It fucking sucks. =/

Haven't played it on the 3ds but it looks great on the wii and the wii isn't as powerful as the other systems. Maybe they just didn't it well on the 3ds. 3ds can produce great things look at the graphics on Resident Evil Revelations. I dont' think we need to be concerned in that area.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
I hope we'll get some cool music pieces, Yamane-like. :)
The music is my biggest worry right now. :(

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »
I hope we'll get some cool music pieces, Yamane-like. :)

I'd settle for anything with beat and melody that actually grabs you. Castlevania music was doing that before Yamane, and she just managed to continue it, but had people helping her as well with collaborating. Araujo just didn't get that you need more than background noise to make a good soundtrack. It's like he took what SCVIV did and watered it down. We need some rhythm! We need some "Clockwork Mansion" and "Forest of Monsters" thrown into the moody tunes.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: May 21, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
The music is my biggest worry right now. :(
didn't the new composer win an award for his soundtrack for the game too?...
I would argue it's good music but ....not the type castlevania really needs......

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
I'd settle for anything with beat and melody that actually grabs you. Castlevania music was doing that before Yamane, and she just managed to continue it, but had people helping her as well with collaborating. Araujo just didn't get that you need more than background noise to make a good soundtrack. It's like he took what SCVIV did and watered it down. We need some rhythm! We need some "Clockwork Mansion" and "Forest of Monsters" thrown into the moody tunes.

Call it a gut feeling but I think the music will be the same as it was in Lords of Shadow.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
If Araujo is back doing it, then yeah...probably.

Unless he listened to feedback from people about how to improve the music and make it more in line with what made the soundtracks of past CV games great, we're going to get the same grand theatrical scores that actually do very little to make you want to cling to the music much and say "Hey, remember that one tune on lvl. 3? I had that stuck in my head all day!"

And using the "I used Super Castlevania 4 as a template" excuse is bullshit, because that game had plenty of tunes that were gripping and had melody and beat to them. He had maybe 2-3 songs that I could hear that have anything close to memorable melody. It should be closer to half the damn soundtrack. Wake up, Oscar!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
The biggest question on everyone's mind is undoubtedly this:

Will the game have Medusa Heads flying in 3D?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
It won't happen, however. That would take actual listening to the series fans. Only thing Konami is interested in listen to is the ca-CHING of register sales.

It's cynical and an overused statement, but we all damn well know it's true.

And I'm not even sure about that anymore. The way Konami is treating their PR, and their own damn projects, I'm becoming convinced they don't want to make ANY money from this point on.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »

Good chance since it's a side-scroller!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
Haven't played it on the 3ds but it looks great on the wii and the wii isn't as powerful as the other systems. Maybe they just didn't it well on the 3ds. 3ds can produce great things look at the graphics on Resident Evil Revelations. I dont' think we need to be concerned in that area.
RE: R uses a corridor based level design to achieve that level of graphics and models. Also, the MT Framework is godlike, doubt we will see something like it on the 3DS from Mercury Steam who can't even achieve stable 30FPS on PS3/XBOX360.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »

If Araujo is back doing it, then yeah...probably.

Araujo is Mercurysteam's "go to guy" when it comes to music, been that way since Severance. Sadly, I don't see them dropping him unless he retires or something.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »

Is that from the old canon? Probably not. ;)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »
Having mixed feelings about this myself.

For 1, Not to happy with hearing Cox's involvement in this since that could mean just another LOS type of game but just fitted to the 3DS handheld (I'm talking 3d gameplay and LOTR scenary).

But on the other hand, I heard that possibility of it being 2.5D which could POTENTIALLY work out IF they outsource it to someone who handles 2.D gameplay great like say.....WAYFOWARD

I'd be fine with Cox and Alvarez being involved only if they took fans complaints into account such as better "castlevania" type of music and more dark and less light scenery.

More classic enemies such as Slogra and Medusa heads would be nice.

Also some good ole platforming would be nice, none of that wall shimmering crap, but if this is a 2.D or 2.5D game I hardly see why this would not be easy for them to do.

Other than that, I'm perfectly willing to give it a chance IF they can deliver a product that I am interested in.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:09:52 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
RE: R uses a corridor based level design to achieve that level of graphics and models. Also, the MT Framework is godlike, doubt we will see something like it on the 3DS from Mercury Steam who can't even achieve stable 30FPS on PS3/XBOX360.

Yeah and this is a sidescroller...it's not exactly the most hardcore hardware pushing type of gameplay style...lol

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:47 PM »
And I'm not even sure about that anymore. The way Konami is treating their PR, and their own damn projects, I'm becoming convinced they don't want to make ANY money from this point on.

Remember when you used to see lots of tv commercials for all sorts of different games, back in the day? What happened to those days? All I see now are ads for World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare.

Tags: .....? 

anything