Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Force Awakens Teaser  (Read 7182 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 01:51:58 PM »
Not as much as there being a black guy as a stormtrooper. Even worse when it was then rumored he may be the lead character of the movie.

The internet took it in a very well respected and adult like manner as you can imagine.
I get (if you go by Ep. 2) why people are in a uproar about the story elements, what I don't get is why people are in a uproar about a black guy as a stormtrooper?

When I first saw that scene, I was under the impression that he stole that armor from a storm trooper and was using it as a disguise...which has been done in the series before.

He sure wasn't acting like someone from the Imperial Guard...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »
Yeah I'm sure there is a reason behind it. I know that in the EU the empire stops using Jango Fett as clones but since the EU has been removed I don't think that excuse works.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
The uproar over a black Stormtrooper, and I hope he really is a Stormtrooper and not just disguised, puzzles me. They're Stormtroopers, not clone troopers. The Stormtroopers in the original movies didn't act like clones. As I understand it the guy who sets Luke up with the rebel alliance, Biggs Darklighter (who's scenes in the original movie have been restored in at least one of the special editions) was a member of the Imperial Military, and Luke had aspirations of going to "the academy" himself. Point is- clone troopers were no longer standard even by the time of the original trilogy. Why would the empire want to rely that much on a single resource for its fighting force once Palpatine had gained power?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
And it should be pointed out that supposedly John Boyega's character is a "former stormtrooper", though I'm guessing that if this is true we're going to see him leave his commission during the movie.
Also, Han Solo was in the Imperial Academy, too. Was going to be an officer even, IIRC.

As far as the EU, yes Disney said that it was all being removed from the cannon of the main franchise. They also said they would use any bits of it they felt like incorporating into the new movies.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 09:37:34 PM »
Ratty's correct in his assumption of the Storm Troopers. It is even evident in the original trilogy that the troopers themselves all had different voices. This indicates they are not clones but actual individuals that go through extensive training to become Storm troopers. Many if not all the clone troopers themselves would have been either retired prior to episode IV, and/or killed off by the fledgling Rebellion. It also shows you just how much they suck and can't hit a rebel worth s**t, lol!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »
All of you talk about whether it's logical to have a black stormtrooper, and I'm just like
"Is that a black guy in white armor? Damn that looks hilarious!"  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 12:49:07 AM »
I don't mind that a storm trooper is black and even if he is not, I still don't mind.

I am more concerned on the plot.
And please no more Jar Jar Binks like character!

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 05:21:32 AM »
I don't mind that a storm trooper is black and even if he is not, I still don't mind.

I am more concerned on the plot.
And please no more Jar Jar Binks like character!

I concur. It is a silly controversy that will die off as time passes.

I'm hoping that they take a lot of inspiration from the EU. I at least want to see Luke begin training a new generation of Jedi, becoming the "Obi-Wan" of the third trilogy.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
Talk about predictions, he's only 3 years off, lol. I think the Luke Skywalker character will probably be going down that road anyways since he is the last of the Jedi. However Leah is also force sensitive so she could have been training in between the years of Episode 6 & 7. Although it is duly noted that in the EU she has decided not to become a Jedi. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: