Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: and the new Joker is...  (Read 2401 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness, Focus) as Deadshot; Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises, upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road) as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street, Focus) as Harley Quinn; Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club, Alexander) as the Joker; Jai Courtney (Divergent, The Water Diviner) as Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina, upcoming Pan) as Enchantress.

source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/323589-its-official-meet-the-cast-of-dc-comics-suicide-squad

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »
Interesting.  I hope he's a little more like the Jack Nicholson version, or even Cesar Romero.  Heath Ledger certainly did an awesome job...but personally, I more appreciate the theatrical/hysterical type of joker as opposed to the mental/psychotic...or whatever terms more appropriately describe the differences in their portrayal of Joker.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
Heath Ledger's portray of the Joker could have been much better had it not been for Christopher Nolan's personal directions of the character. If this new Joker is under Nolan's guidance then it's going to be the same s**t all over again. He ruined the Joker and the Bane characters so I'm iffy about this. Hopefully the actor in question will bring about a more comedic Joker like Jack Nicholas did. Otherwise it's just going to be another generic, run-of-the-mill psychopath with a knife who has daddy issues, and is a colorized version of The Crow :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 03:07:52 PM »
I still don't know what to think about this casting...

We haven't even gotten to see anything from Batman V Superman. (I mean Justice League lite...)

Why are they forcing the Joker into this movie?

I rather see Tom Hardy in the new Mad Max.

Now where is that movie?!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:10:50 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything