Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Greenpeace fucks up Nazca site  (Read 7153 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:13:46 AM »
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/greenpeace-irrevocably-damages-fragile-nazca-lines-peru-during-publicity-stunt

This is fucking disgusting. Hypocrites preaching the salvation of the planet, destroying part of a site that is not only a protected World Heritage Site, but also a monumental achievement of human ingenuity and a long-standing marvel of the ancient world.

And for what? A stupid fucking banner. Publicity.

You ignorant twats illegally trespassed on a protected site, disregarded their well-documented rules about the extremely sensitive nature of the geographical and sedimentary properties of the site, cause unfixable damage to the site by fucking shit up with your organic hemp Vans shuffling everywhere, and basically shat on one of the largest (no pun intended) cultural treasures of a people that has populated the area for thousands of years.

All so you could "make a statement."

Way to go, you ignorant, self-righteous twats. Way to go.

Do you think they realize preaching planetary conservation doesn't do them much good when they don't even know the fragility of the environments they're protesting in?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 06:58:18 AM »
+1
Their non-apology most certainly doesn't help their case.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 08:01:27 AM »
Those ancient designs are odd because they are only visible from the air at a time long before planes.

I think I remember seeing about them on an ancient aliens documentary.

What a stupid way to protest.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:12:24 AM »
Well, no more donating per month to them.
The Nazca Lines are a National Monument.  It'd be like putting ads on Lincoln's mouth in Mt.Rushmore.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
I really don't know how to respond to greenpeace's actions. They were set up to deal with environmental issues because no one else was willing to. But to do this? No. Just no.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »
Maybe it was part of the protest. While doing important actions such as raising awareness of endangered species, renewable energy, protesting deforestation, etcetera, they often protest in provocative ways such as invading private territory and illegally placing signs.

Reminds me of Gary Yourofsky who protested against the meat industry by invading a farm and freeing some of its farm animals.
From his point of view he saved them from slavery and death; legally, however, he has stolen another person's property.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:14 AM »
Either way it's douchey. I was on my way to work a couple weeks ago and there were ferguson protests going on in downtown Minneapolis. Hundreds of protesters jumped a barricade and started marching down the highway between lanes in the middle of traffic . I narrowly avoided hitting someone. I could have been driving around with my toddler and gotten in a wreck.

Sometimes protesters go too far, even when their heart is in the right place. Destroying property and or putting innocent people in danger is bullshit.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Sometimes protesters go too far, even when their heart is in the right place. Destroying property and or putting innocent people in danger is bullshit.

THIS

In a free state, protest is legitimate. Violence and destruction is not.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »
This isn't a question of individual perspective, Freddy. This is a question of idiots behaving as such. What perspective could they have had that would have justified this according to their supposed ideals? Yourofsky's perspective was that freeing the animals defended his ideals, and that's okay. These fucks destroyed part a geographical and architectural marvel that in no way harmed the environment (as opposed to toppling part a chemicals factory or something), while preaching protecting the environment. That has no justification, that is hypocritical idiocy, plain and simple.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

They were also a plot device in Shining Force II.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »
I don't know what laws they have over there, but if I were greenpeace I wouldn't set foot in that country again for fear of arrest or being shot at. Neither of which would surprise me if it happens.

I saw this one too. Some of those Nazca lines appear to be runways for ancient aircraft. Probably for these types of planes;

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 01:08:46 AM »
This isn't a question of individual perspective, Freddy. This is a question of idiots behaving as such. What perspective could they have had that would have justified this according to their supposed ideals?

I wasn't talking about specifically this story. I was talking about other provocative ones, like this one:

http://media.mediaexperts.net/?p=13410

The Russian coastguard arrested two Greenpeace activists on Wednesday after they were caught attempting to scale a Russian oil platform to prevent it from drilling in the Arctic. Greenpeace released a statement explaining their reasoning for the attempted sabotage.

“Despite massive financing for Prirazlomnaya [the oil platform], it is not able to guarantee safe production of Arctic oil,” said Greenpeace in a press release.
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
They were also a plot device in Shining Force II.

And in Illusion of Gaia.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
When I heard about this I was fucking blown away. How fucking stupid can you be to do this. Out of ALL the people involved and knowing about this plan, not even a single ONE thought maybe this wasn't quite a GOOD IDEA?!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
This is genuinely enraging. I've known for years that Greenpeace is run by fuckwits, but this is too much.
The Nazca lines aren't just a National Monument, they are a Human Monument. They are a precious relic of our past among very few that are left.
This more like defacing the Pyramids of Giza or Stonehenge. I hope these people get the book thrown at them with extreme prejudice. [/rant]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:01:13 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: