Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DARK SOULS! New Screens - CVesque :)  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »
You know what? I played Demon's Souls and I really liked it, but I couldn't get past the difficulty, so I sold it last year. I think I'm going to try it again.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:19:43 AM »
Holy Fuck, this game is looking so good, so dark/CV.. this is what alot of you were hoping a 3D CV would be:

I disagree, while the previous game is awesome and this game looks to exceed it, it is a grindfest. The first one, if not this one as well, was not the best type of grind either imo, since you are pretty limited in what you can do, and you can't sell your things, which added to the grinding.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 01:29:46 AM »
The only problem i've got with the original was, that every time i died, i had to start all over the stage, but this wouldn't be so annoying, if it wasn't to lose every soul(experience) you have gained with so much trouble........and to top that, after soul level 80 and on, you need ridiculus amounts of souls to get level up your statistics..........

I have played it through normal and made it almost to the end, but it was a Headache......so. i started a new profile and used the trick to multiply the consumables souls at will and finish the game!!! Even so, still it was hard, because of some ridiculus stage designs, causing you to fall to your death.......

Anyways, i'm looking forward to the sequel!!! :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »
Slayer - I gave up on it like a year ago as well. Then someone said, it REALLY starts after you beat level 1-1. And it's true. After you beat it, you then have all the other levels open to try, and there are some great levels, monsters and items. Still the game is haaaard. But it's funny, it feels like 1-1 is one of the hardest so far.

Kale - I see what you are saying. To me, it is a hardcore, no bullshit, difficult game, and brings me back to playing those old 2D adventure games, where they didn't hold your hand or give you save spots every 5 minutes. Also, the highs and sense of accomplishment I felt in Demon's Souls, are the best I can remember in years. I actually yelled out YES!, when finally beating a boss, or getting a bad ass weapon.

Dark Nemesis - Cool. yeah, it is pretty insane, though I like how you can REGAIN your soul, as well as see other player's messages or moments. I have had some pissed off moments in losing a major amount of souls. I just think the game is awesome how you can die on a stupid beginner level enemy, if you don't play smart. You can't just go into anything swinging and button mashng..very realistic. And I love all the animations for the different weapons.. really slick.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
Kale - I see what you are saying. To me, it is a hardcore, no bullshit, difficult game, and brings me back to playing those old 2D adventure games, where they didn't hold your hand or give you save spots every 5 minutes. Also, the highs and sense of accomplishment I felt in Demon's Souls, are the best I can remember in years. I actually yelled out YES!, when finally beating a boss, or getting a bad ass weapon.

Not saying it isn't a good game by any means, but if it was less grindy I'd probably like it better. And I actually do grindy games, but the grind in demons souls is beyond ridiculous imo. Like Dark Nemesis said, after a certain level, the numbers of souls needed is ridiculous. The other thing that annoyed me is it was almost impossible to effectively control the tendencies because there are few and far in between events that changes it.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
After soul level 230 you need 500.000+ souls for a level up..........you'll have to storm the whole game to get that amount of souls to level up your character..... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Hawt 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything