Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Bloodlines Prototype ROM Leaked  (Read 15161 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania Bloodlines Prototype ROM Leaked
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »
One thing I noticed while playing the beta is the first miniboss.  While yes it is very different from the Hellhound in the final, what amazes me is that this would have been the very first appearance of the Behemoth.

Rondo predates Bloodlines, tho. And I think that is not intended to be a Behemoth. If you wait long enough, you'll see it howling just like the final Hellhound miniboss does (more of a "dog" thing than a "bull" thing).

Then again, "horns" are not a dog thing, so who knows. We can't tell what the hell that thing is supposed to be with certainty.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:04:55 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
I love this! This is so awesome.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:29 AM »
I hope someone will share a beta of Super Castlevania 4 as well.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
Anyone remember when that developers build of ressurecton was up for sale online like 10 or 15 years ago?  That is something I would love to see.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 06:27:27 PM »
Rondo predates Bloodlines, tho. And I think that is not intended to be a Behemoth. If you wait long enough, you'll see it howling just like the final Hellhound miniboss does (more of a "dog" thing than a "bull" thing).

Then again, "horns" are not a dog thing, so who knows. We can't tell what the hell that thing is supposed to be with certainty.

You're also missing the fact that this bull also charges much like the Behemoth in Legacy of Darkness and PoR, something not done by the Hellhound.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
Anyone remember when that developers build of ressurecton was up for sale online like 10 or 15 years ago?  That is something I would love to see.

I've not heard of this, when did THAT happen?! (besides the aforementioned 10/15 years part)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 07:16:05 AM »
That is amazing, thanks for sharing.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 07:47:35 AM »
I've not heard of this, when did THAT happen?! (besides the aforementioned 10/15 years part)

That was so long ago... I remember it going for a pretty high price.  We monitored it on an older build of the dungeon forums, no idea who ended up with it.  And of course it could have been a fake, but I seem to recall it being on a pretty legit online game store for the time.  Anyway, nothing ever leaked to the web.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 09:47:17 AM »
That was so long ago... I remember it going for a pretty high price.  We monitored it on an older build of the dungeon forums, no idea who ended up with it.  And of course it could have been a fake, but I seem to recall it being on a pretty legit online game store for the time.  Anyway, nothing ever leaked to the web.

That's a shame. I think it would have been interesting if someone or someones bought it, finalised it for playability then released it on the web. Heck with today's tech and knowledge they could even improve upon it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 09:12:21 AM »
That's cool. A Bloodletting ROM would have been cooler tho.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »
That's cool. A Bloodletting ROM would have been cooler tho.

Probably impossible by now, considering the state of affairs over at Konami.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
sigh I guess Alt SotN Maria was just never meant to be a thing.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »
sigh I guess Alt SotN Maria was just never meant to be a thing.

Nothing saying that someone can't create an entire sprite sheet of her Bloodletting counterpart. They just need to keep in mind that her outfit is German/European and not Japanese.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »
fite me dude she's a ninja.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »
+1
What a find!!! 

That opening demo is super basic, too.  While waiting for the draining water to fight the rock guy I learned it takes a moment for Eric to charge up his spear vault. 

I would also love to see the Super CastleVania IV beta & go
 THROUGH A ROOM!!! 

Tags:

anything