Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92713 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (TGS 2019 Showcase)
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2019, 07:18:20 AM »
It's getting kind of bothersome that this is still not out in the U.S... I mean what exactly could be holding them up?  Need to take out a bunch of "eh's" from the dialogue or what?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2019, 01:37:51 AM »
Maybe they'd rather have the complete story ready before U.S. launch?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2019, 10:52:52 AM »
The game could also be tied up due to the current political climate. It's a bit of a stretch but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2019, 04:45:33 AM »
Usually mobile games "soft launch" in regions to test servers and audience engagement. They can last for a month or two. Pokemon Masters did something similar.

I will say I'm kinda shocked they didn't release it worldwide in October. You'd figure the month where people dress up as vampires and zombies at the end of it would have a Castlevania release too.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »
So like... What's the record for length of time between a soft and full launch?

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2020, 11:47:35 PM »
So like... What's the record for length of time between a soft and full launch?

Usually for games, one to two months.

GoS obviously missed that, but I supposed Konami wants the game to be feature rich before a worldwide launch. If their metric is finding a way to get whales with the way the game is now, I doubt that will be happening soon.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
So maybe they're waiting to release this with season 3 on Netflix?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2020, 05:55:16 PM »
I genuinely have no idea what the hell they're doing with this game. It's been datamined for more summonable assist characters and chapters and there's no global release in site. If they don't release it when the Netflix season drops, I have no idea if it will even get a worldwide release.

What if this is really it? That they decided to just settle with a...Canadian release and call it a day? This would force all of the diehards to migrate to one server which would greatly lower costs for a largely niche series having a very very grindy mobile game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2020, 04:39:29 AM »
I believe Chapter 6 of the game came out, so for those interested in the story and lore, you have more to look forward to.

Again, remarkable that this still has yet to have a worldwide release...

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »
I really hope this game has an offline mode so that when the server inevitably stops serving because they’re done with the game, there’s still something to do.  Would suck if they released it and then pulled the plug a few months later just as I was getting into it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
I believe Chapter 6 of the game came out, so for those interested in the story and lore, you have more to look forward to.

Really? Nobody seems to be talking about it in the Discord group.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »
I really hope this game has an offline mode so that when the server inevitably stops serving because they’re done with the game, there’s still something to do.  Would suck if they released it and then pulled the plug a few months later just as I was getting into it.

That's my problems with online-games in general. I do not want to spend the time to build something up, only for it to vanish inevitably some years down the line.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »

Again, remarkable that this still has yet to have a worldwide release...

afaik it isn't. It is the
(click to show/hide)
chapter so i would know

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »
That's my problems with online-games in general. I do not want to spend the time to build something up, only for it to vanish inevitably some years down the line.

I definitely hate this about online gaming as well. At least with Phantasy Star online 1 and 2 this was not the case. I can still play those any time I chose without having to worry about some unknown server system shutting down any time soon. It's a shame that all online games nowadays aren't doing what PSO did. It's really wasteful.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2020, 03:02:28 AM »
The game is shutting down in September.

Tags:

anything