Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: General question on homebrew  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Dain

• Awards
General question on homebrew
« on: February 13, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
For any of you "professional" homebrewers, where did you start with your homebrewing? I really want to try it out, I just don t know what to start teaching myself first.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:29:36 PM by Dain »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
well there's a bunch of stuff you can start with depending on what you want to do, so let me ask first: what kind of homebrew are you trying to make?
Since I am working on a 3D one but most are working on 2D ones. There's also a bunch of diffirent ways to do it depending on what you want to achieve, so the first step would be trying to answer the question what you want to create.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
In Reply To #1

If you are looking to make a 2D one and you don't know how to code, I suggest using Multimedia Fusion 2 or Game Maker.

Offline Dain

• Awards
Re: General question on homebrew
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »
I want to start 2D, and im planning to take some coding courses later in my studies, so can you point me where I can find these two programs? If you cant, ill just google it, but itd be nice if ya could.

Thanks!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
buy or steal...

I've always been interested in game progmramming myself. I am right now trying to figure out XNA GS, the thing is, I'm so trribly lost.

Tags: