Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821474 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
I remember MS saying a while back that they were working on two projects. I had a feeling that only one of them was Castlevania related, but in light of this news, maybe both of them really are?? Not to mention a portable title would finally get me to take the plunge on a 3DS, so that could be good...

Although LoS wasn't my ideal Castlevania game by any means, I still enjoyed playing it. Looking forward to E3 with very cautious optimism (despite it being Konami and all).

And I have to admit, I'm still really curious to see where they take this whole storyline.

ditto.

I'm thinkin' the storyline plays out like the castlevania of old...we play as belmonts ( or an Alucard of types) and we try to take down Dracula who is the devils pawn. The extra scene ending in LOS is meant to be like one of the last entries ( just in case it wasn't a hit..to show where they would take it)...I think it's safe to assume in the later games, you control dracula and try to take on the devil and end your curse. To me is a better ending than this 1999 eclipse dealioz..

At least to me...Dracula was always a tragic character and they are really driving home the tragic nature of it in this storyline imo..( symphony of the night did it well though)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
And I have to admit, I'm still really curious to see where they take this whole storyline.
Likewise. That's probably the majority reason why I'm so excited for E3 despite being disappointed by LoS. I guess it's blind faith in a way.
At least to me...Dracula was always a tragic character and they are really driving home the tragic nature of it in this storyline imo..( symphony of the night did it well though)
I'm still not fully sold on Dracula's character. He's just someone who has terrible luck and "never had a choice." At least they explained where he obtains his powers from.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:19:57 PM by OSM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
I remember MS saying a while back that they were working on two projects. I had a feeling that only one of them was Castlevania related, but in light of this news, maybe both of them really are?? Not to mention a portable title would finally get me to take the plunge on a 3DS, so that could be good...

Although LoS wasn't my ideal Castlevania game by any means, I still enjoyed playing it. Looking forward to E3 with very cautious optimism (despite it being Konami and all).

Like I said, two CV games being announced would be a helluva start for Konami to make up for their rotten 25th anniversary. At the very LEAST!

And while I didn't care for the setting(among other things) of LoS, I am keeping an open mind to where they plan on going. Like I said, I'd love for MS to tackle a more gothic, Victorian set CV title.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
To whoever said a few pages back that I'm just a "LoS hater,"

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Sit down, son.

Mirror of Fate is a better name than Mirror of Faith or whatever. Perhaps Gabriel will try to change his fate, in turn creating a good mirror-version which names himself Trevor lol. Gameplay wise lets hope they don't fuck up, since this IS MercurySteam's first shot at a handheld and they may very well just be winging it.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
To whoever said a few pages back that I'm just a "LoS hater,"

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Sit down, son.

Mirror of Fate is a better name than Mirror of Faith or whatever. Perhaps Gabriel will try to change his fate, in turn creating a good mirror-version which names himself Trevor lol. Gameplay wise lets hope they don't fuck up, since this IS MercurySteam's first shot at a handheld and they may very well just be winging it.
That's my biggest concern too. I think they are great with level design but we don't know how they would do a sidescrolling adventure. I hope for the best...

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
May 21, 2012, 01:30:06 PM - Hidden.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
+1
Sumac, quit trolling. It's helping nothing and gets old.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
My wallet is crying tears of money.
"Poor. beautiful Wallet... You will cry tears of money before this night has ended.." [/PatrickStewart]

Well the Combat Cross was destroyed. There might not even be a whip anymore.

Rinaldo Gandolfi is still out there though. Some of the Brotherhood knights have seen him, with the disguise of an old beggar. he could make another one.

Im certain that Gabriel breaking the Combat Cross will somehow be plot relevant. Not only because Belmonts will need a new whip, but I feel that it means something more... or rather, will, mean something more. probably as a way to bring Rinaldo into the story from the background he's hiding in.

Crisis? Sumac? could you two please just... shut up with the flamebait and argument? you are ruining the peaceful atmosphere that took Jorge admining it up to come about.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
Also please, someone, fix the thread title to "(3DS)" and not "( 3ds )", please, please. Thanks. XD

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

I just hope both Mercurysteam Castlevania games they are making go more in this direction look wise ^

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
Oh man, I can't wait for the music to be even shorter and more repetitive because of limited cartridge space!

...But seriously, this could be cool. I'm wondering how much of it will actually correspond to the rumors. (Also, would LoS combos work well at all in a 2D space? I'd think they'd be kinda overpowered.)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »
Im certain that Gabriel breaking the Combat Cross will somehow be plot relevant. Not only because Belmonts will need a new whip, but I feel that it means something more... or rather, will, mean something more. probably as a way to bring Rinaldo into the story from the background he's hiding in.
He left it in pieces in the realm where the Forgotten One was. Maybe we'll go back there as Alucard to retrieve it or something.

Theorizing is fun.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
OK, OK. I honestly believe now, that you're big fan of the LOS...you masterfully hide it.

lol, of course it was Sumac who said it, my biggest fan

I don't need to prove nothing to you otherwise. Check the massive LoS thread and you'll see how much I supported the game/contributed to the conversation, instead of blindly praising it like some do. But hey, I also criticized it's faults, too, because like others, I also feel it's highly derivative of everything but Castlevania. So get off my dick already  :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes:

I wonder if MoF will have a special edition package?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
I hope we'll get some cool music pieces, Yamane-like. :)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »
I'd say rayman is pretty faithful across the board. The vita version in particular looks beautiful as can be.
Rayman looks like shit on the 3DS. I don't know why, just play the demo and compare it to ANY version out there. It fucking sucks. =/

Tags: .....? 

anything