Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: TMNT Existing works and future movie.  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: TMNT Existing works and future movie.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
Maybe it just me but I feel that Michael Bay is getting way too carries away with this ego of his. TMNT are not aliens nor should they be. It's all in their name: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The man needs to put a serious lock down on "his visions" before he can properly make a good flick. A am a fan of the series as I watched it growing up. Michael Bay is no-doubt going to eff it up in some fashion or another.

I kept hoping the whole alien connection was that Bay was alluding to the Utroms who created the ooze (as a waste byproduct) which is what morphed the Turtles, in a roundabout way making their origin "from space," but he may have actually been saying they'd be aliens. The script was leaked to the Internet but I never bothered reading it. (It's apparently a steaming pile, though.)

But yeah, making them aliens would be pretty damn stupid since I identify the Turtles so much as being basically human like they are in every other version of the TMNT (especially in the Mirage comics). Take away that aspect and a lot of the heart is lost, I think.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
He should be blind since its TMNT, not TANT.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 08:18:11 PM »
+1
TAINT
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
If it has Triceratons it might be worth it.

I'm actually a bit more open to this movie than a lot of people. In Japan, they released an anime based on the original GeGeGe no Kitaro manga, which was much darker than what people in Japan had grown up with and learned to love. I gotta say, although it may be because I'm an American, Hakaba Kitaro was great show, fun to watch, and 95% faithful to the manga.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:30:20 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »
I don't mind a difference in tone. Bodycount is an insanely ridiculous TMNT tale with tons of extreme violence and over-the-top everything, but it never tried to mess with the core characteristics of Casey Jones and Raphael. The Turtles are very human in the way they live, speak, etc., and making them from another planet totally cheapens that I think.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »
making them from another planet totally cheapens that I think.

Not to argue that making them aliens is kind of dumb (it is), but one develops human characteristics based on their surrounds and upbringing.

The turtles are who they are because of their (limited) interactions with humans, Splinter's teachings and TV. They could have easily of developed into murderous creatures that hunt down pizza delivery boys, slay them in the most gruesome ways possible and eat their pizza afterwards. So I believe just because they're aliens doesn't mean they can't exhibit the similar human qualities from their original upbringings as long as they are brought up in the same fashion.

Does that make sense?  :-\ I can't figure out if I'm articulating myself that well today, so if you want any clarification to any of the statements I made, please let me know and I'll try my best to reword it or explain it differently.  8) Cowabunga!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »
I understand that philosophy, but I dont think that they will do something about that in the movie. Since they said that they will be aliens I expect something like Dragon Ball Evolution (who watched it know what I mean).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
So, the new show debuted this weekend. And it was actually pretty fun. It's not as silly as the 80's cartoon, nor is it as serious as the 2k3 incarnation.  It's doing it's own thing but still holding true to the TMNT story.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
+2
*puts on professor voice*

Good news everyone! The Michael Bay / TMNT deal fell apart. Woohoo!!
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
Confirmed? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/15/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles_n_1601139.html

Back in June...what the heck is wrong with us and why did we not know this at the beginning of this thread? (I mean, other than disgust and not wanting to read/look up anything associated with Bay's Turtles...)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
+1
Oh, I thought it was assumed or common knowledge that the TMNT script was being reworked. :o

I finally watched the one-hour series premiere of the new show and I loved every bit of it. If it continues on like this, it may be the most entertaining TMNT toon yet.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
No, I didnt knew that until now.

Also... your avatar image is new right? Its not animated before xD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:30:56 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
+2
*puts on professor voice*

Good news everyone! The Michael Bay / TMNT deal fell apart. Woohoo!!

Much rejoicing
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »
Love that clip. <3
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything