Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Something to think about  (Read 4484 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:59:30 AM »
It's been a long time since I read Rudy Rucker's book on higher dimensionality, and that was decades ago. So if anyone has any issue with this, feel free to voice your concerns. Also, I could have elaborated a bit more, but it was late at night and I was very tired when I wrote it up. Sorry for the long poem at the beginning; I write poems instead of structuring my thoughts when I'm tired.

Children of a Lesser Dimension
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:46:16 AM »
Math has proven that extra dimensions exist and rules of each dimension is different from the rest. I am not knowledgeable on hard core physics stuff, but someone else might be able to clarify this further.

People who have experienced astral travel can move through different planes and wrong moves can leave the consciousnesses trapped in the other plane, if I'm not mistaken.
People who have seen ghosts and other beings must be more attuned to other planes. Plus it is said in my country that if you can see ghosts, they can also see you, so at that point in time, you and the ghost must be on the same plane of existence.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:43:07 AM »

People who have experienced astral travel can move through different planes and wrong moves can leave the consciousnesses trapped in the other plane, if I'm not mistaken.
People who have seen ghosts and other beings must be more attuned to other planes. Plus it is said in my country that if you can see ghosts, they can also see you, so at that point in time, you and the ghost must be on the same plane of existence.

I think that seeing other entities who aren't physically there are more akin to two frequencies crossing passed one another. However it could very well be from a "higher" plane of existence where individuals don't seem to have physical bodies sporting organs etc. wherever and whatever it is, it's not as dense as our existence.

Astral I've tried involuntarily, it only seems to happen at significant times. For what it was, it was a bit full on for me.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »

You'll be happy (and relieved) to know that this is actually not the case. Nobody ever becomes trapped in another dimension because God would never allow that to happen to any of us. God is always an infinite number of steps ahead of our worst thoughts of possible outcomes. We always go home no-matter the scenario. There is something you might have heard of before know as the Silver Cord. It connects our souls to our bodies. People whom have astral traveled have noted seeing it, and describing it as a fine silver-like thread coming out of their navel. It can stretch out into infinity but never snap. This cord (until the day we actually die) never breaks, and it will always allow us to come back into our body, wherever we might be. It is an anchor point for us all. Believe me I don't like the idea of getting lost in infinity and never finding my way back. That's really f@#king scary! So first hearing about the Silver Cord and then reading up later on was a huge relief in of itself.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »
@X I hope you're correct, because I never saw a silver chord and the last few experiences were scary to me, one not easily scared.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
I think you'll be just fine Zangetsu. This IS god's universe we're talking about here, so no-matter where (or when) you end up at, you'll always find your way home. In fact I am rather envious of you. I've only ever consciously astral traveled once and that was a long time ago. I've since forgotten how to do it and on some deep level that hurts me. But I'll never forget that beautiful golden-embroiled vanity with the image of the Earth and all its flags, with its equally beautiful silver mirror. That was, and still is a very special place to me. If you feel nervous about getting out there and exploring (which I strongly recommend) then take it one small step at a time. Don't think of the fear, but rather think of the unforgettable adventure you could have. You've got nothing to lose by astral traveling. But there is SO much more to gain in terms of life experiences.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 10:28:03 PM »
I think you'll be just fine Zangetsu. This IS god's universe we're talking about here, so no-matter where (or when) you end up at, you'll always find your way home. In fact I am rather envious of you. I've only ever consciously astral traveled once and that was a long time ago. I've since forgotten how to do it and on some deep level that hurts me. But I'll never forget that beautiful golden-embroiled vanity with the image of the Earth and all its flags, with its equally beautiful silver mirror. That was, and still is a very special place to me. If you feel nervous about getting out there and exploring (which I strongly recommend) then take it one small step at a time. Don't think of the fear, but rather think of the unforgettable adventure you could have. You've got nothing to lose by astral traveling. But there is SO much more to gain in terms of life experiences.

The thing with me is that I'd done it a few times without knowing and kind of wrote those experiences off as "lucid dreams/ moments" or what have you. It wasn't actually until later that I found out what astral travelling was, with how it all begins and how I can only describe is one "peeling" away from their physical self. The first time it happened I would've been around 23-24.

Off the top of my head I remember probably 4-5 times where it was a good experience and 3 times where it was less than good. The thing is the last time didn't bode well with me, I was in a place where I basically didn't know anyone and it was almost like jumping into another person's existence. People who I didn't recognise were recognising me and asking if I was coming with them to go God only knows where.. It was scary as shit, and that place felt dense, it was hard to move or even talk, my senses were hampered during the whole ordeal (almost as if it hadn't worked properly and I wasn't meant to be there) and I couldn't find my way back. I recall being very distressed, but I tried to find a constant in that place (my SO) who I did end up finding but she didn't even recognise me. The two other times it didn't work weren't as bad but I've decided unless God wills me to do so, I'd rather stick to my own reality and focus on those who matter the most to me. In fact I believe that he was showing me this in that last experience, which in the end for me wound up being another lesson he was teaching me. I think I was supposed to see how good I have it here.

That's why I've decided to not go out of my way to prompt those experiences. If you can get back into it then I wish you all the best in your journeys. It can be very scary but also very rewarding.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:30:57 PM by zangetsu468 »

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 11:06:19 PM »
@X: That's a relief to know. Yeah I have heard about the silver cord, but some people say it can be cut not just by death alone.

@zangetsu: I lucid dream all the time.
I've flown across the earth in a matter of minutes, once in a dream. It started out as a regular flying dream that moved up to outer space. I loved that dream. But most of the time, whenever I encounter flying dreams (they have become rarer these days), there is some sort of invisible ceiling that prevents me from going up further than a helicopter's point of view.
I also have dreams of the distant past (recently they have become rarer too), sometimes speaking in languages I do not know, in a body that is not my own.
Explanation, anyone?

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »

@zangetsu: I lucid dream all the time.
I've flown across the earth in a matter of minutes, once in a dream. It started out as a regular flying dream that moved up to outer space. I loved that dream.

What was the Earth like from that perspective?

But most of the time, whenever I encounter flying dreams (they have become rarer these days), there is some sort of invisible ceiling that prevents me from going up further than a helicopter's point of view.

Interesting, I've heard this from different sources also. Apparently there are also different levels of "the ceiling".

I also have dreams of the distant past (recently they have become rarer too), sometimes speaking in languages I do not know, in a body that is not my own.
Explanation, anyone?

Interesting that you name it the distant past being they're memories you don't recall.

Assuming the context is really the distant past, I would hazard two guesses:
- Either it was a previous incarnation of yourself
- Or, it was an ancestor to you and you're reliving one of their memories. Your DNA contains traces of your ancestors' after all, DNA contains memories, hence it would not be such a stretch.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 02:37:27 AM »
What was the Earth like from that perspective?

It looked liked a HD version of a shot of the earth from the ISS but it had a somewhat white glow filter added on.

Interesting, I've heard this from different sources also. Apparently there are also different levels of "the ceiling".

Perhaps. I can't break it no matter how hard I try.

Interesting that you name it the distant past being they're memories you don't recall.

Assuming the context is really the distant past, I would hazard two guesses:
- Either it was a previous incarnation of yourself
- Or, it was an ancestor to you and you're reliving one of their memories. Your DNA contains traces of your ancestors' after all, DNA contains memories, hence it would not be such a stretch.

Yeah and experiences/environment I haven't experience. I've died in some of those dreams too. The first time was scary but I got used to it.
Maybe both guesses might be correct. I wouldn't know for sure. haha.
The second one is so Assassin's Creed.... don't hunt me Abstergo~

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 04:39:56 AM »

Explanation, anyone?

That definitely sounds like past life re-living / unintentional regression.  From my understanding, once you open that 'door', the more likely it is that you'll see more stuff. 

As for the higher dimensionality stuff, there are really high level physics theories, such as super-strong theories, brane-world theories and M-theory, and while they have some nice ideas embedded in them, they fall very short of the mark imo, and just become maths, because everything is so very finely tuned and convoluted to get any actual physics out of them.  I used to love this stuff until I did some modules on it at uni, at which point I went 'nah', and went back to poking dark matter, which does exist (we just don't know what sort of particles it's made of).  Getting that marriage however of peoples' experiences and science is going to to be very, very tricky, imo, if at all possible.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
But most of the time, whenever I encounter flying dreams (they have become rarer these days), there is some sort of invisible ceiling that prevents me from going up further than a helicopter's point of view.

My Bro had this as well. However later on he was able to smash through the barrier and go higher. If you can't proceed past the block it probably means you're not yet ready to proceed.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 01:09:41 AM »
If I ever experience myself projected outward and flying over the earth, I hope I get a staff roll along with it, as well.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything