Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274050 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2014, 10:11:02 AM »
Excellent kaonstantine! Grant's walking animations are looking real good now that he's got some more frames in there. Keep going!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:05 PM »
Another great job by Kaonstantine!  You sir, are the man!!!  ;D I can't thank you enough for your help with this man, i've said it a million times before and i will again, if it wasn't for your help i wouldn't be able to complete this game  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »
Hey folks :) im nearly done! ive got a few more frames on the keep to get patched up then ill be going back on the first couple of stages and adding some new background elements. i found some new tweaks in my program to make some 3D style backgrounds and effects to make the game look even more polished :) its been tough for sure trying to keep you all updated, i havent had internet at my home in 2 years, all i have is my android for it lol.  i know this has really limited me from being able to provide you guys (and gals :)  ) with videos showing off progress and my personal flavoring to the game and that really sucks :( im making this game for us fans, and i apologize again for not being able to give you all the scoop on the majority of the game, but i will say im positive you all will be more than happy with the outcome :) i promise after i finish polishing everything up to make several videos of almost all the stages (i dont want to give too much away ;)  ) to get you guys up to speed.  Darkman has offered to hook me up by uploading my vids on here when they are done and Darkman, im extremely greatful and look forward to jumping back on Vamprotector when i get this wrapped up!  I also cant thank everyone on the forum enough for your continued support and enthusiasm and i ask you to be patient with me lol, itll be worth it in the end! - BMC_War Machine

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
We should be thanking you champ! Keep it up! 8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:35 AM »
Thank you man! i appreciate it and definitely will! :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
Hey folks :) im nearly done! ive got a few more frames on the keep to get patched up then ill be going back on the first couple of stages and adding some new background elements. i found some new tweaks in my program to make some 3D style backgrounds and effects to make the game look even more polished :) its been tough for sure trying to keep you all updated, i havent had internet at my home in 2 years, all i have is my android for it lol.  i know this has really limited me from being able to provide you guys (and gals :)  ) with videos showing off progress and my personal flavoring to the game and that really sucks :( im making this game for us fans, and i apologize again for not being able to give you all the scoop on the majority of the game, but i will say im positive you all will be more than happy with the outcome :) i promise after i finish polishing everything up to make several videos of almost all the stages (i dont want to give too much away ;)  ) to get you guys up to speed.  Darkman has offered to hook me up by uploading my vids on here when they are done and Darkman, im extremely greatful and look forward to jumping back on Vamprotector when i get this wrapped up!  I also cant thank everyone on the forum enough for your continued support and enthusiasm and i ask you to be patient with me lol, itll be worth it in the end! - BMC_War Machine

No sweat dude. We are in it for the long haul. I wish I had the time to post more vids of Vamprotector on the forum because I have made strides in the game and polishing the demo level up as we speak. It is what it is. Hopefully, I can get back to being a regular member of the forum in the future when my schedule clears up.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:23:39 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
Nice vids! Looks like the game's really coming along  :)

Although I've noticed that the ghosts in the Mad Forest stage are a bit too fast. As for the clock tower, The really large gears that you need to traverse in order to cross chasms are also a bit too small. I would recommend using the large gears featured in SCV4. Also I think the pendulums are also on the small side as well. You could extend the room a bit and increase their size to help bring them up to what we've experienced when playing through the clock tower stage in the original CV3. Those pendulums were huge  :o
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2014, 03:51:14 PM »
Thanks for the input as always X  ;D Yeah since i've recorded those vids i was able to rip the pendulums from Dawn of Sorrow so those are MUCH bigger, at least at a more accurate scale that we all expect for this game so i'll take care of that no problem, as for the ghosts, that's another old bug that i've since been able to fix so that's been taken care of as well  :) Right now, i've finished touching up the main player background on the ghost ship and have manage to make some 3D waves as well, now i'll just be touching up the main background now with other sprites i've ripped, mainly from OoE.  I really took some time out to play through the ds vanias and rip those because you never see much of them on sprite sites and there are a TON of really nice background elements that can be used from there so when i get done with the game i'll definitely be contributing to spriters resource lol.  Once this is finished i'll be working on Alucard's Cave and all that will be left will be setting up passwords for each stage and the path selection along with needing to remix Terror Tower's track and when the custom sprites are ready to roll the game will be as well!! It's coming guys, im JUST about done  8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2014, 06:02:47 AM »

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: February 24, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
Hey dudes! Great work as always. Yeah floating down the stairs is pretty cool. She's a witch, so why not. But the only little thing I find weird looking is the walking animation. I think it actually looked better in the nes version. This looks very stiff, only the feet are moving. That's my two cents. I understand you guys are putting a lot of work into this, and can't satisfy everybody's opinion. If you guys like it, great, it's just what I think. Trevor looks perfect tough. Keep up the good work fellas! Cheers.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: February 24, 2014, 03:17:45 PM »
Hey dudes! Great work as always. Yeah floating down the stairs is pretty cool. She's a witch, so why not. But the only little thing I find weird looking is the walking animation. I think it actually looked better in the nes version. This looks very stiff, only the feet are moving. That's my two cents. I understand you guys are putting a lot of work into this, and can't satisfy everybody's opinion. If you guys like it, great, it's just what I think. Trevor looks perfect tough. Keep up the good work fellas! Cheers.

Not to talk for Warmachine, but I also mentioned that about the walking as well. I suggested just removing it completely and just having her float.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: February 24, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »
I kinda agree about Sypha's movements too. They're too stiff-looking. Not natural enough. And I think that just having her float around (no offence) is a cheap way of putting her into the game. She is a witch but that doesn't mean she'll float around like a ghost. She's still human and should move around like one too. But otherwise great work.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: February 24, 2014, 07:55:01 PM »
Darkman, as always, thanks for keeping all of our buds on here updated with my new vids  ;D Thanks Sabin and X.  Brother X, i'll agree to disagree lol.  Of course as always, no offense taken X  ;D I scrapped her walking sprites, those came from the castlevania fighter floating around a while back.  I can't really remember where i found that sheet TBH haha.  All other animations look pretty solid for her though i think.  As for her floating on the stairs, im with Sabin, yeah she's human but she's a witch and thought it was a cool touch but if Kaonstantine is able to whip something up for me then i'll most definitely use it in its place.  Im using it now in the case that he may not be able to get it to me.  Kaonstantine has really provided me with a LOT of great work and he's a very busy guy as well, he's working on his own project so i can't expect him to be able to drop what he's doing to be able to hook me up, but he is working on grant however and he is looking UBER gnarly!  I can't wait for you guys to see him!  At the moment, i've found a nice little trick in my programming to speed things up drastically, enough so that i was only at Alucard's Cave 2 last night and im starting to add my updated code to the Main halls :) needless to say its FLYING now and that's great, im anxious for you guys to really rip this thing to pieces!  Im still on the fence about adding new stages as this has been very tedious as is, so that's still up in the air but one thing (thanks to input from Darkman) i plan on attempting is creating a prologue set for grant, sypha and alucard.  It will tell how they end up the way they do when Trevor encounters them, so those stages at the very least will be completely custom (dont worry, the story wont go David Cox on you guys, not that that would be a necessarily bad thing :) ) All in all im very pleased with how everything is turning out and im very excited for you guys to try it out!  Thanks for keeping the support and positivity alive, you guys wont be disappointed with the end result  8) Now, its time for me to get back at it, hopefully at this pace i'll be getting things wrapped up in the next day or two, although right now, several heinekens later i may end up adding goku or something instead of grant by mistake.....LMAO!  So back to work i go  ;D As always, check back for updates, and make sure you do in the next few days, i should have some more material ready for you all to check out  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
(dont worry, the story wont go David Cox on you guys, not that that would be a necessarily bad thing :) )

*chuckle* Don't go IGA on us either. CoD wasn't a good sequel for CV III. Traditional CV III is the best way to go  :)

Tags:

anything